Dolphin Brass Have Got To Get Carey In Camp On Time.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphin Brass Have Got To Get Carey In Camp On Time....

DIRTYCASHHOLDIN

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Hello to All the FANS.... I am indeed caught up in Shaq-mania down here, being in the Sports Collectibles business...this is the most talked about frenzy I have ever been around in all my 25 plus years living in South Florida. But after this week--with the press conference officially over with...once again, fans down here...and all DOlphin fans around the world--will be tuning in to what is going on in training camp...as two-a-days will soon be commencing in the next few weeks. The ante has now been raised just a but with the HEAT taking the spotlight somewhat away from the DOlphins for the moment. The Dolphins are under a lot of pressure---now more than ever...to get off to a good start this season...otherwise they will see a lot of fans turning their attention to the American Airlines Arena...where Shaq will be starring with Dwayne Wade. The DOlphins in reaction to the Heat ticket sales if you have noticed....have come out with a very aggressive media campaign themselves this past week....telling fans to get in early on the single game tickets...telling people that a few of the games are already deemed a sell-out. This is the first time in many moons....where its this close to training camp...and there is really no buzz from the fans...talk radio....I saw the BIG O yesterday....at the Doral Ale house....and all the talk was on the heat and the dismal play of the Marlins...but like I said...once Shaq is introduced...and that hysteria goes into hibernation for just a few months....once again...in center court will be the Dolphins.... and who is looking good out there? Feely or Fiedler? Hows the offensive line? Whats going on with Wale? How is ZAch? How is Mcmichael doing with his off-season fiasco? The questions are still there.... And the biggest question...no doubt is that offensive line. There is no question....if we cant run-block and we have to throw more than we want....and this line does not give whoever the Qb is time....this is going to be a very long season....I think we all know that around here. So does it disturb you all that the negotiations are not going that swiftly with first round pick Vernon Carey? I think that the Dolphins have to get Carey in the fold in time....because if he misses a significant amount of practice time...you can pretty much pencil in John St. Clair is the Rt starter until at least Carey is ready to work himself in. But I really believe that the Dolphins have got to do all they can to have Carey signed up for that first day of two-a-days. There is no way that he will be handed this starting RT job....they have made that clear to him. Most fans expect Carey to start right away....but from what I am hearing...he was very slow in learning the plays...and struggled early on, before coming alive at the end of the mini-camps. The coaches have Carey behind St. Clair on the depth chart and in my opinion....if Carey misses a significant amount of time in camp...due to a lack of a contractual agreement....then its only St. Clair's job to probably lose...and if you are even thinking then of moving Carey to RG...then think again....because the coaches most talked about lineman...other than Jeno James's obvious talent is none other than Greg Jerman. What the coaches are saying about Jerman is that he is tough and has really improved his footwork...now that he no longer has to play tackle of course...but will see...but most importantly...Carey needs to get in there on time. Drew Rosenhaus was of course on today...and he has nothing new on the WALE front.....but most of the brass has been out of the office...on vacations...and today....everyone is back and things should be starting up again. I expect the Dolphins to do nothing at all for a while on the O-gun front....they will concentrate on the draft picks and then test the will of WALE...and see if he really means business when he says that he is willing to hold out for a significant time in the regular season. If this deal gets done...it will be just before the start of the regular season...that is the way the Dolphins will handle this thing. They are not going to trade WALE and they have not even given Drew permission to seek out a trade. They still hold all the cards at this point...this is going to go on for some time until it gets to the boiling point. The only other noteworthy news is that it appears that RANDY MCMICHAEL and his wife are working in cohesion with the authorities and trying to convince them that this was just a mistake in communication and there is nothing more to it. It is not clear on which we the state attorneys office is going to go here....but for the most part...the Dolphins brass has been a lot less worried about this situation...since really condeming the incident when it became public. Give some credit to the Mcmichaels....knowing what this embarrassing situation did and then looking themselves in the mirror... as for the players....there will be no animosity at all when Randy shows up to practice...in fact since the incident....Randy has been working out at camp every day...as he has taken more of a role as a vocal leader. So this situation looks a lot more promising...after further review. Hopefully....no formal charges...probably just a probation type of warning...for both parties. Another talked about player going into camp..... Safety Yeremiah Bell. Can he do it when the pads come on? He is on the coat-tails of one Arturo Freeman right now...soemthing to really keep your eye on at camp. David Boston....how about his attitude now folks? He is working with a nutritionist...and has volunteered to go to that Speed Camp...how about that for a turn-around? How about this years RUDY....Tony Bua? Could be a great special teamer and how about FRED RUSSELL? He is out-returning so far...Terrance Wilkens. Eddie Moore is on the mend...and flashing great footwork....and you know who is back there snapping thank you....ED PERRY. Yes....Dolphin talk is back....and I have not even yet mentioned FEELY or FIEDLER or even if there is still tention between the offensive coaches.. and whether or not anyone around here really believes that DERRIOUS THOMPSON is the player that Wann-Spiel feel will have a breakout year this season...as the third reciever.. Yes indeed....there is a heck of a lot of Shaq...but after that press conference....the DOlphin talk will be back. I will definately be at the opening day practices....and I can say like the Big Man said.....tune into Finheaven...and get ready to roll!

too big and jumbled for me to read...someone wanna sum it up for me? gracias :)

Shaq who??

It's interesting to read that there is no news on the Wale front because everyone is on vacation yet we're supposed to be disturbed that Carey isn't signed yet?

As far as Vernon Carey goes, it'll disturb me if he misses any camp time but, since there is almost two weeks until TC opens, I'll hold off on the theatrics.

Good write up DCH, I'm most interested in the OL situation, we plan B on the OL and I'm hoping they over achieve. There's only 2 people I'm comfortable with right now and that's Jeno and Mckinney. Wade's still a ? to me, and of course I have no clue on our right side. I'm excited by Bell's play so far, yes indeed can he do it in pads. Roundtree and Banks weren't that back last TC and PS..will they push us to keep one extra corner..and if the talk is Freeman, Bell, Edwards, Atkins, Knight, does that push out Wooden? Can we really keep 6 safties? I actually think T.D. will have a good year and make up for last year unspectacular debut. I hope to see his skins year type play that prompted us to hire him in the first place. I think we keep L. Henry as he the only other back on our team that could, imo, replace Ricky as a every down back. I just think Minor is more of a change of pace back, but the every down pounding I'm not sure. Russell is intriguging because of his possible ST ability and he's defintely a change of pace back. As everyone has so correctly, imo, pointed out the OL is the key to our season, most so than any other area, barring some injury to other positions before the season starts.

Clumpy said:
Your OL will make or break your season

I hate to agree with a Bills fan but what you said is true. If our OL sucks this year, our offense will suck and our season will not be a good one. I think we have the receivers and the running backs to have a very good season, but they won't have the success they can have if our OL does a bad job blocking. I'm not that confident in our QBs but I think whichever one starts can have success if the OL gives them sufficient time to throw.

its really strange, we haven´t signed one rookie yet, not even a 7th rounderm i´m officially worried now

inFINSible said:
Shaq who??
I do believe he's this fellow:

clear.gif

Why are you worried? Because we have no rookies signed yet? Plenty of time, all of this will get done.

thanks DCH !!!

nice points on the OL. Getting Carey signed s/b our FOs only priority right now ! I really want to see him starting at RT. Interesting, but if Jerman can play even only as good as T Perry our OL was re-built pretty cheaply and s/b better and deeper than last year.

I cannot believe the OGun situation will drag on for several more weeks :fire: but I am sure you are right there

Thanks DCH. I have been in the need for a fix for a while now. But I think this statement is incorrect

There is no way that he will be handed this starting RT job....they have made that clear to him.

I think Carey will start. He was a 1st rounder on a team with a weak right side. And I know Smith a 3rd round pick started last year at LT. Now I know Dixon was injured but someone else...a more experienced player could have taken the job. I think Carey will start.

iceblizzard69 said:
I hate to agree with a Bills fan but what you said is true. If our OL sucks this year, our offense will suck and our season will not be a good one.

And Wanny will be blamed by a lot of people for this....:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom