Dolphin Fan in Vegas | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphin Fan in Vegas

Vegas Fin Fan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
That's right. Loyal Dolphin fan currently residing in Las Vegas. I was introduced to the Dolphins in the early 80's by my dad who is an immigrant from Colombia. We lived in Carol City, when Joe Robbie Stadium was being constructed. Carol City is about 3 miles from the stadium and my dad saw it as an opportunity to bring me to some games. My dad worked 2 jobs at the time and he spent what he could to bring me to the games.
I watched Marino pass to the Marx Brothers and fell for the community feel of being a fan in the 80's. Time went by and my father and my feelings towards our beloved Dolphins strengthened.
I am now 32 and have 2 sons of my own with a 3rd on the way. Just recently my father admitted to me that in those early days of Carol City, he had absolutely no idea of what he was watching. He cheered when others cheered and he booed when others did. He said he saw how much the Dolphins meant to me and that's all that was important.
Now I am in a city where people fly the Laker's Flag's AND the Raiders and/or Charger's Flag's out of their cars. Really? I hate being force fed any team because of where I am. Especially when fans out here are a lot of Fair Weather fans any ways.
The I think of my dad, still asking me questions about the game and a never ending Dolphin supporter. Cursing in Spanish as any soccer aficionado would. So that's what brings me here.
We are AFC East Champs!!!!:thumbup:

Welcome aboard! You'll find that this is the greatest site on the web. Thanks for being apart of it.

The Chargers bandwagoners that have made their way to CA (and sounds like NV) are annoying. Glad to have you aboard!

Welcome to the boards. I know well the Chargers bandwagoners. When they do good, you see flags everywhere, but when they lose everyone is all quiet around this neighborhood...I support my team win or lose (sorry went off on a little tangent there)

Back
Top Bottom