Dolphin Fatigue | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphin Fatigue

PhinKev

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I never thought I would say this, but I think I have reached the point where I have just lost my enthusiasm for the Dolphins. I'm not even angry anymore, I'm just tired.

It's not one thing, but the last several years have been difficult to watch. I know the Dolphins have had decent records, but you can only go into so many seasons thinking that your team is a serious contender and watch them struggle, get blown-out in playoff games and look absolutely aweful when it matters the most.

Even when we win, the Dolphins are boring predictable and on the verge of unwatchable.

Every year I keep thinking if this guy had been healthy, or one bounce or one missed kick.

I'm tired. I'm tired of the excuses, I'm tired of watching this team fall apart every year.

So I wait as we go into the offseason thinking, maybe this is the year they will shake it up and we'll see something better.

What do we get? The same gang that has managed to do nothing with the team for years. We get Brunell in Washington and Fiedler "working hard." Oh, and Wanny is back for another year with that look of confusion we have come to know so well. Great. Call me thrilled.

The Dolphins said they don't expect a backlash from the fans over the Marino disaster and the poor season. No, we aren't going to yell and scream anymore. We are just going to fade away.

How about those Marlins.

All I can say is remember the browns. That poor team has not done much in years. They bairly made the playoofs in 2002, but before that there was nothing and even now they still struggle. But their games are almost always sold out with die hard fans. Keep the faith man.;)

i think that deep down inside, alot of us feel that there is no where to go but up. Reason I say this is because the Fins have usually always been at least competitive and for the most part, quite sucessful if you consider the overall W-L record. We have been in this "slump", if you will, really since JJ took over and we've become really bored to death with the "same ole, same ole" routine that we've come to expect from the Fins. So, in a sense, we are pretty much on the bottom, with the Browns and Bengals of recent past, from a Dolphins standpoint at least.

I think your problems started when you let yourself get angry.....Seems to me like getting angry at something you can't control would be quite futile and eventually exhausting.

I would also suggest that maybe you're more fatigued by the whole MB thing than by the team themselves. You may try reading less negative talk from generally sour fans and try to reclaim your youthful exhuberance for the team by just following them instead of analyzing them.

I know that I was always happy when all I knew about the Dolphins was that they were going to be good and that the season was starting soon......I never knew that good wasn't good enough until I had so many kind posters point that out to me.

Information overload is the culprit here not, the Miami Dolphins.

This internet thing turns some people away from being fans and into thinking they are mini GMs ...When their "suggestions" aren't followed they think the team is stupid or not trying...Soon after that, the negative opinions and views start flying, increasing with every succesive "good" but not "great" year....

Back when we were all "just fans" we enjoyed the ride on the bandwagon.... now, everybody wants to drive.

Hope you find your love for the team again.

infin, that was very well put. i find my self in the same mind set as kev but not quite as depressed.it is hard watching year after year, being so close. its like the fins are the atlanta braves of football. the braves fans have been noted as the worst fans in baseball because they EXPECT the world series every year, and are not happy with going to the playoffs every year. maybe we as fin fans dont realize how good we have it, in that we have a "possible" superbowl contender just about every year.

you just got to keep the faith, after all its a 1 in 32 chance of winning the superbowl, and hmmmm how many years has it been since the fins won it all...............

Honestly, how many teams have won the SB in the past 3 years???

Pats, Bucs, Pats. Everyone else has been a failure? Only 1 team a year can win the Super Bowl, It is not the easiest thing in the world to do. We will get there, It is only a matter of time.

I suppose I can't disagree with anyone above. All of the points made are pretty good.

But, I guess what is so frustrating about this team is that they don't seem to be getting better. It's not the record, but the feel one has for the team. Cincinati is exciting as you can see them building something that could be special.

I have a difficult time seeing the Dolphins in the same way. Our players are getting older and Wanny may be a nice guy, but there is nothing he has done to lead anyone to believe that somehow he's going to pull this team from talented to legitimate contender.

Dave doesn't have a new plan, he's just using the same players and same strategies (ball control and conservative defense) and hoping that the outcome will be different.

That's just not enough for me anymore.

Oh, I do want to say, I don't need the Dolphins to win the Superbowl to be satisfied. But, I do want to finish the year with the feeling that they left it all on the field. Watching them collapse each year is getting harder.

i understand what you are saying, and to me the biggest problem is that wanny is back, and from what i have seen so far jay will be back as well. so yeah it seems the biggest off season move so far is we lost our O coordinator which i think is a big loss. so i can see your point.

just keep in mind the off season still has a long way to go, and you never know what will happen

Originally posted by inFINSible
I think your problems started when you let yourself get angry.....Seems to me like getting angry at something you can't control would be quite futile and eventually exhausting.

I would also suggest that maybe you're more fatigued by the whole MB thing than by the team themselves. You may try reading less negative talk from generally sour fans and try to reclaim your youthful exhuberance for the team by just following them instead of analyzing them.

I know that I was always happy when all I knew about the Dolphins was that they were going to be good and that the season was starting soon......I never knew that good wasn't good enough until I had so many kind posters point that out to me.

Information overload is the culprit here not, the Miami Dolphins.

This internet thing turns some people away from being fans and into thinking they are mini GMs ...When their "suggestions" aren't followed they think the team is stupid or not trying...Soon after that, the negative opinions and views start flying, increasing with every succesive "good" but not "great" year....

Back when we were all "just fans" we enjoyed the ride on the bandwagon.... now, everybody wants to drive.

Hope you find your love for the team again.

That's a good observation "inFINSible".

With the advent of the PC, Internet, Madden, Fantasy Football, the common fan has had considerable amount of imformation laid at their feet. They can pretend to be Managers, Head Coaches, even comissioner of the NFL.

This new breed of fan, is free to build teams, replace players, coaches on a whim with no monetary consequence or fear of failure. The more success they have the more inflated their EGO's become until they reach the point they HONESTLY believe they can manage/coach the Miami Dolphins!

I have read with amasement some of the comments and arguments made in the draft / mock draft forums over certain choices or the order they were chosen. These people are actually attempting to speak with AUTHORITY!:lol:

These professional sports franchise's don't pay there coaches and managers millions of dollars a year for nothing!

Believe me.. if they thought they could find someone with the experience or business acumen to coach or manage their team by scouting the Finheaven forum for their next HC or GM they would be here like "white on rice".

:lol: WANNA KNOW WHY? Cause they know that instead of paying out those millions of dollars a year in salaries they could now get what they wanted with a years supply of "FRUITY PEBBLES ".:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom