Dolphin Football / SABAN | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphin Football / SABAN

N

NJFinFury2004

IM Just here at work, it's a bit slow looking through some of the posts and thinking about the up and coming season. Living in NJ, I have many battles with the hated JETS fans. ( Their fans are the BIGGEST JERKS) in all of the NFL ( Say Raider fans, I might listen).

With all of the moves we have made;
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Line Coach
Changing Head Coaches

And signing some new players and implementing a new scheme. I would forego the whole summer and fast forward to kickoff if given the chance! I haven't been this excited about a season since 1996 when we brought in Jimmy Johnson, who did nothing for us but leave behind a retread from the Bears, who almost ruined our football team.

Did anyone see the Nick Saban interview where he talks about Defensive schemes and he just about called Dave Wannstedt a dummy? He said Man to Man CVG or Cat CVG is mindless! LOL! Saban is very confident and that statement was pretty much ****Y!

He didn't really get into why this D would be different. But it seems he has a plan and feels good about it. Damn what a year this is gonna be.Who would have thought we would have this kind of promise coming into the 2005 season last year around Sept?

I think signing Schulters is very important! Safety is a postion IM concerned with, although Im DYING to see Yerimah Bell stay heatlhy and Tony Bua given a chance.

I will be thrilled this season if in December we are playing meaningful games for a playoff shot. If we are like 7-5 going into December, I will be partying hard here in NJ! The Schedule favors us this year in December and maybe under Saban, we can get back to how things use to be for us in December under the GREAT DON SHULA!

How many of my fellow FIN-FANS are DYING for the season to begin? LOL!

I know I sure am!!! GO FINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think we all are very optimistic and have a great sense of expectation.
Admittedly we felt the same way when JJ came to town but the difference is that JJ did not have the same enthusiasm for coaching as he did before and Saban is just starting his Pro NFL HC career.

I must agree with you on this one. I've been a dolphin fan for a long, long time and after the debacle of last year, I'm more excited about this coming season than I have been in a long time!!!! My wife tells me to slow down a little, training camp hasn't even started yet and I'm all keyed up. A new coaching staff (thank GOD), new players, and a new season all to look forward to. Lets getr done

The Schedule favors us this year in December and maybe under Saban, we can get back to how things use to be for us in December under the GREAT DON SHULA!

To be fair the December swoons starting happening under Shula in the early 90s but I get your point. You guys have alot to be esxcited about w/ Saban, i think he'll be a very good HC. Some of the expectations may be a little high for his first year but give him a year or 2 and h'll be very successful unfortunately.

As a fin fan living in New York I hear what you're saying about Jets fans.

I'm also excited about the upcoming season. For once though I'd like to see the Dolphins play better at the end of the year as opposed to the beginning. I'm sick about hearing how we usually fade in December.

IM Just here at work, it's a bit slow looking through some of the posts and thinking about the up and coming season. Living in NJ, I have many battles with the hated JETS fans. ( Their fans are the BIGGEST JERKS) in all of the NFL ( Say Raider fans, I might listen).

you live in ana area where the home team is your team's biggest rival. Do you expect to be greeted warmly? of course you'll catch heat.

[font=&quot]Funny you mention living in the NY area. I live in south central PA where I have [/font][font=&quot]Washington[/font][font=&quot], Baltimore Pittsburgh and Philly fans. So I understand what you are talking about. I actually started liking the Dolphins when Shula became the head coach. My older brother was a Colts fan and he was really mad when Shula left. I figured if it pissed him off that bad I would root for the Dolphins. I was 6. Luckily, Miami started winning and I had other family members that were big skins fans… needless to say Miami beat Washington for the 72 super bowl and the rest is history. I’ve been a [/font][font=&quot]Miami[/font][font=&quot] fan ever since. [/font]

I share the same feeling about our division rivals. I live in up-state NY about half way between Buffalo, the jets, and the patriots, but at least I have some fellow miami fans around for support. Like some others, I've been a fan a looooong, looooong time, never wavering once in all those years so I get a measure of respect from my rival fans, unlike some bandwagoneers.

Back
Top Bottom