dolphin playoff game tv. blackout shame | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

dolphin playoff game tv. blackout shame

gerald gammell

Air Born Ranger!!
Reaction score
It is a shame that the NFL and teams because of thier rules are going to have thousands of young boys and them few great girls out there not be able to watch the Dolphins play this weekend in Southwest Florida on tv. Today I was at a park with my ten year old son and all the young kids were talking about that they had heard that the the game would not be on tv. in our area because they did not sell enough tickets. I say shame on the (NFL) and owners for this rule when it comes to the playoffs. They dont think, todays youth is tomorrows payday in the near future. This only makes kids look to aother teams that they can watch and support and when they grow up spend their money on. I remember them not so good Dolphin seasons and the lost feeling I felt not being able to see my team play on Sunday and being a middle and high school kid with no dad at home and not the money to go to a game in pearson in Miami. I will tell you this though, I wont let my son go through this crap and become a Bucs or Jags fan as long as I have air in my lungs. I just bought my son and me tickets for the game even though I will be late a week on my truck payment. so!!!!!!!!! GO!!!!! Dolphins!!!!!!!!:cool:

Originally posted by gerald gammell
It is a shame that the NFL and teams because of thier rules are going to have thousands of young boys and them few great girls out there not be able to watch the Dolphins play this weekend in Southwest Florida on tv. Today I was at a park with my ten year old son and all the young kids were talking about that they had heard that the the game would not be on tv. in our area because they did not sell enough tickets. I say shame on the (NFL) and owners for this rule when it comes to the playoffs. They dont think, todays youth is tomorrows payday in the near future. This only makes kids look to aother teams that they can watch and support and when they grow up spend their money on. I remember them not so good Dolphin seasons and the lost feeling I felt not being able to see my team play on Sunday and being a middle and high school kid with no dad at home and not the money to go to a game in pearson in Miami. I will tell you this though, I wont let my son go through this crap and become a Bucs or Jags fan as long as I have air in my lungs. I just bought my son and me tickets for the game even though I will be late a week on my truck payment. so!!!!!!!!! GO!!!!!
Dolphins!!!!!!!!:cool:
my hats off to ya gerald! i don't really have that problem, my sons a dolphin fan and my wife is a steeler fan, but always finds the money in the budget when i see some dolphin memorabelia i want!:D

Originally posted by gerald gammell
It is a shame that the NFL and teams because of thier rules are going to have thousands of young boys and them few great girls out there not be able to watch the Dolphins play this weekend in Southwest Florida on tv. Today I was at a park with my ten year old son and all the young kids were talking about that they had heard that the the game would not be on tv. in our area because they did not sell enough tickets. I say shame on the (NFL) and owners for this rule when it comes to the playoffs. They dont think, todays youth is tomorrows payday in the near future. This only makes kids look to aother teams that they can watch and support and when they grow up spend their money on. I remember them not so good Dolphin seasons and the lost feeling I felt not being able to see my team play on Sunday and being a middle and high school kid with no dad at home and not the money to go to a game in pearson in Miami. I will tell you this though, I wont let my son go through this crap and become a Bucs or Jags fan as long as I have air in my lungs. I just bought my son and me tickets for the game even though I will be late a week on my truck payment. so!!!!!!!!! GO!!!!! Dolphins!!!!!!!!:cool:

Very impressive my friend...I don't agree with the blackout rule myself. I do like the blackout but it should be limited to us in south Florida i.e. Miami-Dade, Broward County, Palm Beach County and Monroe County. Nobody else should be affected.

I dropped two playoff packages this year but paid my other 6 ( I hold 8 season tickets). The season ticket holders dropped the ball this year but it was mostly a financial decision. I know of 6 families in my area who are diehard Dolfans and season ticket holders for years. The bill for a family of 4 was over 600 dollars on Decemver 14. It was rough on a lot of them.

What you have done for your son he'll be thankful the rest of his life for. There is nothing more exciting than a playoff game.

My son enjoys the Dolphins just as much and it is not easy for me to bring him to the games. He lives with my ex-wife in Port St Lucie which is about 80-90 miles from my place in Boca. I get him every second weekend yet the games fell on a Sunday in between. My ex-wife did not want to switch but said that I could pick him up for the games anyways. Every Sunday with a home game I made my way up 80 miles and then south to the stadium for yet another 110 miles. And then we did the same just backwards after the game. I could have made it easier on myself and just simply said "oh well your mother doesn't want to switch weekends. Sorry son."

But the Dolphins are his life and so Daddy drove every home game (except for two) over 400 miles every Sunday. My game day started at 6 am so we could be tailgating at 9am with the rest of our gang. Game at 1pm....return trip at about 4:30....trying to leave the lot and then heading north in traffic I was back home those Sundays around 11pm.....

But you know what: a win and a smile from my son and a "thank you daddy" made it well worth it.

Our children are the new generation of Dolfans. They will be even more dedicated than their "crazy" dads and moms (us).

you guys are making me jealous. i wish i lived close to miami but i will. anyway speaking from experience it really is a dream come true when you dads take your son to game i know it was for the only one me and my lifelong dolphin fan dad got to go to. i had the time of my life and will always rem. my first dolphins game with my dad even though we got smashed by the falcons in week 17.

The last game I went to was the Indy playoff game, I would go to more if I lived on the other coast(and parking didn't cost 20 bucks, it isn't the price but the princable that pisses me off). I had fun at that game, but I am almost to upsessed to go to the stadium more often. I need to be able to watch it on tv, to see it better, disect each play, and the replays. I also have a hard time restraining my self from acting like an idiot when the Dolphins aren't playing to their potential.1 thing is for sure though if I was affected by the blackout I would be there.

thats the best part of................

living in LA and not having a team. we get to see more games from the east, although the raiders and the 9ers get shown an awful lot. they don't show san diego that much, you can guess why!:D

Originally posted by miadphan13
It is just punishment for not selling out the game. :rolleyes:

It is a dumb one though, because it not only punishes the team, but also the network broadcasting the game and the NFL for not being able to show a playoff game in the area where one of the teams plays. They should change that rule, they don't have it in other sports.

when you think about it...................

the nfl is about the most CS outfit around. they were coming down on private sites that were using the team logo, thats one of the reasons it was changed!:(

Tha Blackout rule is in place to help get people to the games. If everyone could just kick back at home and watch the game regardless of how many fans were in the seats, no one would go. It's free on T.V. and cost you over a 100 bucks for two people to actually attend.

Don't blame the black out rule, blame the apathetic Florida fans who don't get out to support the team!!!

the game i went to..............

with the colts, wasn't sold out either, before game time. but you should have seen the lines waiting to by tickets!:D

Back
Top Bottom