Dolphins 28th lowest payroll | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins 28th lowest payroll

Is that right? I thought we were just barely under the salary cap? Which I thought was right around 70M?? Clump can you validate?

Salary Cap and payroll are NOT the same.

Payroll = Signing Bonuses + Salaries + incentives paid out that year.

Salary Cap = PRORATED Bonus numbers + Salaries + incentives paid out that year.

Not quite the same. Generally teams that sign the most high profile free agents or have low draft numbers will have the highest payrolls.

I've been talking about this for weeks now!! We are doing a GREAT job with that salary. Wayne needs to open the wallet in the offseason and give up a fat signing bonus to a stud!!!!!

Originally posted by unclemonty
I've been talking about this for weeks now!! We are doing a GREAT job with that salary. Wayne needs to open the wallet in the offseason and give up a fat signing bonus to a stud!!!!!

But we probably won't have the salary cap space to do that.

check out
"BTW...Rosenhaus said" thread. My cap write up.

************THANX TO MERMAN FOR THE INFO************

Wann/Speil tend to make those decisions (Wayne just approves it) and that's not their philosophy. Wayne opened the wallet in "95 b/c Shula told him they were close. IMO Wann/Speil have seen that that strategy rarely succeeds or at least that it succeeds no more often than going with lower priced FAs. If Wann/Speil see a FA they feel is worth the bonus money (young, talented guy likely to be here as long as the bonus years on the contract) then Wayne will approve whatever they want. This is what they did for that Chicago center (I'm blanking on the name) and I don't have any reason to beleive the philosophy has changed.

check out
"BTW...Rosenhaus said" thread. My cap write up.

************THANX TO MERMAN FOR THE INFO************

And I started that thread....I am DA MAN! :lol: :jk:

As a after thought does anyone know if Olin Kreutz would have panned out here in Miami?

Has he lived up to the price tag he would have commanded here?
Or was it better that they didn't win the bidding? I have been
wondering about this lately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom