Dolphins 7 Round Mock Draft with fans of other NFL teams Results | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins 7 Round Mock Draft with fans of other NFL teams Results

RunRickyRun34

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I participated in a mock draft with fans of the other 31 NFL teams and I represented the Dolphins. The draft went pretty smoothly and some people dropped more then they were suppose to while others went earlier then they were suppose to but nothing that couldn't possibly happen on that crazy day we call draft day.

Here's who I drafted for the Dolphins http://www.fastmockdraft.com/DraftDetail.php?seq=51&round=1

Round Pick Player Pos. School
1 16 Williams, Jimmy CB Virginia Tech
2 51 Wroten, Claude DT Louisiana St.
3 82 Parham, Kai LB Virginia
4 113 Jacobs, Omar QB Bowling Green
7 196 Orr, Jonathan WR Wisconsin
7 210 Strief, Zach OT Northwestern
7 217 Peprah, Charlie S Alabama

Jimmy Williams CB
Has tremendous size and a big frame with long arms...Is a brilliant natural athlete...Has excellent speed...Can run with receivers and recovers well...Very strong and physical...Gets a good jam and knows how to use his mass to his advantage...A ferocious hitter who still has the mentality of a safety...Has fluid hips and shows good footwork...Versatile with experience at multiple positions...Still improving and still has a lot of upside. Has an ideal blend of size, speed and athleticism...Has rare ability and physical tools. (www.nfldraftcountdown.com)

Claude Wroten DT
Explosive one-gap penetrater...Good athlete with excellent quickness off the snap and a burst...Shows a good motor...Moves well and closes on the ball fast...Has a knack for being around the action...Does a nice job of splitting double teams...Strong and physical with a nasty demeanor...Hard worker who wants to be great...Has a solid build despite his lack of height...Still has a lot of upside. Top pass rushing tackle who can wreak havoc in the middle and is still improving...Could be a better prospect than Marcus Spears was a year ago. (www.nfldraftcountdown.com)

Kai Parham LB
Has excellent size and a solid frame...An excellent natural athlete with good speed...Outstanding pass rusher and blitzer...Strong and powerful...Solid tackler and a big hitter who can really lay the lumber...Does a great job versus the run...Very aggressive and plays downhill...Productive and made a lot of big plays...Intangibles and leadership skills are top-notch...Experienced...Played in a 3-4 defensive scheme under Al Groh which is all the rage in the NFL these days. (www.nfldraftcountdown.com)

Omar Jacobs QB
Has prototypical size and a big sturdy frame...A very accurate passer...Arm strength is more than adequate...Athletic with solid speed...Moves well in the pocket and can throw on the run...Very smart with the ball and doesn't make a lot of mistakes...Extremely productive...Still has some upside...A leader on the field. Has a lot of tools that you look and might just need to be coached up and adjust to the pro game. A potential starting quarterback at the next level. (www.nfldraftcountdown.com)

Jonathan Orr WR
Has good size and a solid frame...Excellent timed speed...Can really stretch a field vertically...Athletic and is a good leaper...Has good hands and will catch the ball away from his body...Runs well after the catch...Has good ball skills...Still has a lot of potential and might have been underutilized in the Badgers run-first offense. Inconsistent player who shows flashes of brilliance one minute but disappears the next...A boom or bust type who has all the physical tools you look for and just needs to finally put it all together. (www.nfldraftcountdown.com)

Zach Strief OT
Has excellent size (6'7) and a massive frame...Displays outstanding technique...Stout at the point of attack...Tough and has a nasty demeanor on the field...Smart and a team leader...Hard worker with top intangibles...Durable and very experienced. Might not be the flashiest guy around but he just gets the job done...The type who will not be a high pick but will come in and end up contributing, if not starting, for a long time. (www.nfldraftcountdown.com)

Charlie Peprah S
A great natural athlete...Very smooth and fluid...Has good ball skills and a nose for the interception...Plays faster than he runs in shorts...Versatile and has starting experience at multiple positions...Excels in coverage...Aggressive and is not afraid of contact...Hard worker...A four-year starter with tons of experience in the SEC. Played his first two seasons at corner then was moved to strong safety and could get looks at either position...Underrated player who could be a steal. (www.nfldraftcountdown.com)

The rest of the draft could be found here http://www.fastmockdraft.com/DraftDetail.php?seq=51&round=1

Like the first round, but Williams ran a 4.37 at his pro day and will be a top 15 pick. Don't like Wroten in the second. He has some character issues and isn't a need at all. Parham isn't really a need at ILB, and he ran a 5.03 40. Omar in the 4th wouldn't be horrible, but I really don't like him as a prospect. 7th round isn't bad.

draftguru151 said:
Like the first round, but Williams ran a 4.37 at his pro day and will be a top 15 pick. Don't like Wroten in the second. He has some character issues and isn't a need at all. Parham isn't really a need at ILB, and he ran a 5.03 40. Omar in the 4th wouldn't be horrible, but I really don't like him as a prospect. 7th round isn't bad.

i dont see the knock on omar he is big, accurate, has the arm strength and can move around in the pocket. is it just the side arm thin, which he has improved alittle on. i would love omar in the 4th. i argee with the rest of what you said.

Back
Top Bottom