Dolphins Add Lb Matrell Spaight | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Add Lb Matrell Spaight

Strong side fit I would think. Not an endorsement of Stephone Anthony although this unit needs serviceable depth in it some kind of bad.

Lacks range but can thump

I don't have a problem with Baker. He just needs snaps and experience. He is going to keep getting better and I would rather have him in coverage than any other LB we have.

Run-Stop Percentage
1. Martrell Spaight, Washington Redskins – 14.6

Spaight logged 178 snaps against the run in 2017, registering 33 solo tackles and eight assists. His 26 run stops ranked as 21st-most in the league, however doing so on just 178 snaps against the run puts him atop this list. The former Arkansas standout missed just five tackles to go along with his 26 stops.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-ilb-spotlight-top-5-in-pff-sig-stats

I am an Arkansas fan and this guy was fun to watch in college. Worked harder than anyone on the team. He can lay the wood.

First off he's jacked, second he's intense. I like it. We need that toughness.

Also, with the cutting of McEvoy and injury to Chase, I can see this being another ST weapon.

Welcome aboard Spaight!

Spaight doesn't have much as far as speed goes but he can be a thumper. He's not a guy who is going to run sideline to sideline. Also isn't a guy who you want covering the pass. He's a two down run stopper.

Back
Top Bottom