Dolphins after Jay Williams | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins after Jay Williams

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Thats why I told you to read closer. If we were to trade for Jay Williams, our cap hit would NOT be 1.65 million. Our cap hit would most likely be bigger than that, as I showed with the formulas. When you trade for a guy you are responsible for his base salary. And through that extremely extensive algebraic demonstration, I showed that just because 1.65 million is the amount the Panthers would save if they cut him, it does not mean 1.65 million is his base salary and most likely it is more than that provided that he still has more than 1 year left under contract.

Oy ck. Your really missing the boat here. I'm going to say it real slowly and pronounciate so you get it. 1.65 Million is JAY'S B-A-S-E S-A-L-A-R-Y. That is all we assume in this never to happen trade. The Panthers are the one who assume all salary bonus related material. You should know this after the Ricky Williams trade. If we had to assume Ricky's left over signing bonus the trade never would have happened. Jay is also in the final year of his contract.

See using a handy little site like NFLPA can help you from getting into # debates without the facts. Why dontcha look up Jay Williams 2002 base salary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom