Dolphins Analyst: Dolphins "haven't Run Like This Since Don Shula" | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Analyst: Dolphins "haven't Run Like This Since Don Shula"

Eh, Tom Landry only won two and his Cowboys teams were always loaded with talent.

You made the point you were disputing very well.

This is why...

no one considers Tom Landry the greatest coach ever. ;)

Talent does NOT win championships by itself.

It's a team sport,

better coaching, better execution, better game plans, better TEAM-WORK....

CONSISTENTLY

beat more talented teams in the NFL every Sunday & especially in the play-offs.

It's only natural to compare a new coach's traits to Shula, like always. It's a shame we are still looking 25 years later for a coach that could draw his own comparisons.

It's only natural to compare a new coach's traits to Shula, like always. It's a shame we are still looking 25 years later for a coach that could draw his own comparisons.
Just an observation, not an excuse by any means, because there really is no excuse for not having a "good" coach since "deer in the headlights" Wanny. He was a bit too conservative for me, but head and shoulders better than what we've had subsequently.

The only franchise that comes to mind as having a decades long string of "good" solid coaches is Pittsburgh. That tells me that other teams make mistakes as well. We just don't seem to learn from our mistakes.

I do think (hope) that we may have gotten it right this time. The only way it will be "right", though, is if we get a franchise QB to lead the team.

Just an observation, not an excuse by any means, because there really is no excuse for not having a "good" coach since "deer in the headlights" Wanny. He was a bit too conservative for me, but head and shoulders better than what we've had subsequently.

The only franchise that comes to mind as having a decades long string of "good" solid coaches is Pittsburgh. That tells me that other teams make mistakes as well. We just don't seem to learn from our mistakes.

I do think (hope) that we may have gotten it right this time. The only way it will be "right", though, is if we get a franchise QB to lead the team.
True not every team has a long lineage of great coaches. However there's been about 22 different teams make it to the Super Bowl since Shula retired. I don't see us making that list anytime soon.

Back
Top Bottom