Dolphins are signing former #Lions TE Michael Roberts | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins are signing former #Lions TE Michael Roberts

MDFINFAN

Reach for the Stars
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Miami signing

Mike Garafolo

@MikeGarafolo

#Dolphins are signing former #Lions TE Michael Roberts, source says. Roberts had four workouts the past week and more on the docket but will sign with Miami. Missed last season with a shoulder injury that nixed a trade to the #Patriots. Healthy now. 3 TDs in 2018 and can block.

iu

Hot Cakes! McMicheal is back!!!

Miami signing

Mike Garafolo
@MikeGarafolo

#Dolphins are signing former #Lions TE Michael Roberts, source says. Roberts had four workouts the past week and more on the docket but will sign with Miami. Missed last season with a shoulder injury that nixed a trade to the #Patriots. Healthy now. 3 TDs in 2018 and can block.

Not that Miami was going to draft a TE (At least, I think Miami had no intention of drafting a TE).

If I remember right he actually is a good blocker, with some receiving skills...If true, and he's healthy, good signing behind Gesicki.

Gesicki is closing on maybe becoming a star TE, but his lack of blocking makes Miami's offense somewhat predictable.

more on the signing: Dolphins signing MR

"Roberts was a Lions fourth-round pick in 2017 and caught 13 passes for 146 yards over his first two seasons. Three of those catches were touchdowns in 2018 and that may have helped catch the eye of the Patriots, who traded a conditional 2020 seventh-rounder to the Lions for him in June. "

Now I would add Jacob Breeland from Oregon in the 7th round as a receiving/h-back tight end and let him compete for a late roster spot or a practice squad spot and call it a day at tight end. Although I admit I do dream of drafting Chase Claypool from Notre Dame and have him put on 10-15 pounds move to tight end playing a Gesicki like role. Let him start out as Gesicki's reserve and eventually let them battle it out for the job. Both Claypool and Gesicki would be tall fast tight end who can jump and can't really block the position. Claypook could be good NFL receiver, but I think he has the chance to grow into an bigtime receiving tight end.

Last edited:

They have a thing on Arch Manning at the end of this video...Good Lord!
The kids in H.S. and already is considered wayyyyyy better than either of his uncles were at that time.

Maybe we can skip drafting a QB until 2026? Lol!

They have a thing on Arch Manning at the end of this video...Good Lord!
The kids in H.S. and already is considered wayyyyyy better than either of his uncles were at that time.

Maybe we can skip drafting a QB until 2026? Lol!

When I first saw Arch Manning highlights prior to his freshman year of high school I felt like he looked like he could be a top 10 college qb at age 14.

Can Chris Myarick be the flex TE backup to Mike G? And the position group is done with Roberts/Symthe as inline guys and Gesicki/Myarick as move TEs.

Can Chris Myarick be the flex TE backup to Mike G? And the position group is done with Roberts/Symthe as inline guys and Gesicki/Myarick as move TEs.

I see Myarick as somewhere between a flex and inline tight end. I think he could play either role but not sure wht his ceiling would be at either. He might be ok as deep depth utility type of te.

Adam Trautman and/or Cheyenne O'Grady in the 5th-7th range.

Back
Top Bottom