Dolphins are smart! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins are smart!

OG54

Starter
Reaction score
Wale, will not only have to give in now that Chambers has signed. The Dolphins will now be able to slap the Franchise tag on him. That means if he signs elswhere we will get at leatg 1 to 2 first round picks, and we know nobody is going to pay that. He will be a Dolphin unless he retires!

Bleh, I thought you meant the mammal. I WAS going to agree with you. :D

The franchise tag costs $6.5mill for DEs this year. It will be more next year. If we're going to pay him that, we might as well sign him long-term.

LIQUID24 said:
The franchise tag costs $6.5mill for DEs this year. It will be more next year. If we're going to pay him that, we might as well sign him long-term.

Damn! :fire: Thats a good point

dreadlockera said:
Damn! :fire: Thats a good point

Wow, clap me with a FT...I'd play for that much in one season... :D

MDFINFAN said:
Wow, clap me with a FT...I'd play for that much in one season... :D

I would be happy to make the 450k CC WAS making before he got a BIG deal :eek:

LIQUID24 said:
but players hate to be tagged... I think they did the right thing... this gives them a lot of choices.. and leaves O-gun thinking he should of signed that fist deal.

Also, is JT's contract numbers the same O-gun wants?

LIQUID24 said:
The fact that we can tag Wally gives us leverage because now there is no way we lose him for nothing and if we tag him he wont get long term security, or a signing bonus.

It sounds great how we have O-Gun by the balls right now. But I can just imagine what other players are thinking about this team. I can imagine that alot of players are getting the impression that we're screwing over O-Gun (maybe we are). I think because of the state of the franchise (ricky retiring, etc..) It would be wise for the Fins to get their 26 year old,reigning AFC sack leader into camp for the sake of the fans and the players.

KillerJosh373 said:
It sounds great how we have O-Gun by the balls right now. But I can just imagine what other players are thinking about this team. I can imagine that alot of players are getting the impression that we're screwing over O-Gun (maybe we are). I think because of the state of the franchise (ricky retiring, etc..) It would be wise for the Fins to get their 26 year old,reigning AFC sack leader into camp for the sake of the fans and the players.
Yeah, can you imagine in a week or two Wale comes out saying he's ready to retire from the buisness of football?! Just cause he's disgusted with how they conduct buisness. (Ricky's original but fake excuse) We really are giving Wale a really hard time.. You need to pay the man! He's been doing excellent work the last 2 years..

Back
Top Bottom