Dolphins Aren't Playing In Brazil In 2024! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Aren't Playing In Brazil In 2024!

Why? Are the rest of the worlds countries not good enough to hold an NFL game? You have Aussies playing in the NFL, playing college football, but you dont want the game expanded world wide. Its one game a year.
No, I dont. Thats one game too many!

Why? Are the rest of the worlds countries not good enough to hold an NFL game? You have Aussies playing in the NFL, playing college football, but you dont want the game expanded world wide. Its one game a year.
Its not that they are not good enough. In a bubble I think that would be a great experience for everyone involved.

The travel schedule absolutely sucks though. There is a known advantage in hosting a team that has to travel from coast to coast as the travel team does not usually play to 100%. Now double that air time and then throw in different languages, cultures, and germs. Its a recipe for a bad product when squeezed into a 1 week window.

Send some preseason games overseas and give both teams an extra week off to adapt to their surroundings and not rush.

Thought the Fins had Brazil as their international country?
Why ain't we playing then?

Can they change with the Rams so the Dolphins can play Down Under please.
Agree @Buff ?

I have family living...As they say, DOWN UNDER, and it would give me a great excuse to finally visit them, but truthfully, I like the Dolphins playing nobody internationally scenario much better. Dolphins every year have loads to worry about, extreme traveling is one that they don't need.

I think the Fins were assigned to Spain, which is great for me! 20 years here in Madrid, and I now have the chance to bring my son to see my beloved Fins!

Wow!! Another place I have family, and have not been to Spain since I was little.

Well, again great to go back, but bad, severe travel for Miami is not what I want to see.

Then it’s 2, then it’s 5, then there are foreign teams, and that changes the league to its DNA.

Yes that’s a worst-case scenario, but unless that scenario wouldn’t end up with a windfall for the NFL, it is possible.

Then it’s 2, then it’s 5, then there are foreign teams, and that changes the league to its DNA.

Yes that’s a worst-case scenario, but unless that scenario wouldn’t end up with a windfall for the NFL, it is possible.
The 'real' reason they push this is to alleviate the flack teams get when they call themselves world champions of a sport only played in one country (I'll leave out Canada for obvious reasons).

Now you know. 🤫

The 'real' reason they push this is to alleviate the flack teams get when they call themselves world champions of a sport only played in one country (I'll leave out Canada for obvious reasons).

Now you know. 🤫
Ya...DGAF about all that. As soon as there's another professional league on the NFL's level somewhere around the world, they'll have a point.

One thing missing in the argument is that teams that never get a full house, if they were to travel OS, then I think more people would turn up at an 'international' game than home fans.

I think that every team should play one, and I mean 1 not 2 international games per year for as long as we have a 17 game schedule.

Its not that they are not good enough. In a bubble I think that would be a great experience for everyone involved.

The travel schedule absolutely sucks though. There is a known advantage in hosting a team that has to travel from coast to coast as the travel team does not usually play to 100%. Now double that air time and then throw in different languages, cultures, and germs. Its a recipe for a bad product when squeezed into a 1 week window.

Send some preseason games overseas and give both teams an extra week off to adapt to their surroundings and not rush.
Easiest was to do a game in Australia, is 2 teams play on the Sunday US time, fly to Australia Monday, then play a game in Australia on the following Monday (Sunday Night your time) fly home Tuesday, arrive home Tuesday then have the bye week, Its not that difficult at all.

Back
Top Bottom