Dolphins at Texans | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins at Texans

Fletch Longhorn

Practice Squad
Reaction score
On Aug 24, the Texans will open up play in the new Reliant Football Field. Since it's the Phins' 3rd pre-season game, I was wondering if this is the game where the starters play the most? I plan to go if that is the case so I can get my money's worth and feel good about giving up the weekend before school starts to go see Ricky and the Phins instead of partying in Austin. Thoughts??

Hi Fletch;

Yes the 3rd pre-season game the starters play at least the whole 1st half and most of the 3rd quarter.
You'll get your moneys worth out of this game because the Texans will be playing a superbowl contending team.
Houston will get a good idea what kinda team they have after this game.

:) Later

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Expo88
Most likely the starters will be in for at least one full quarter.

Rule of thumb for pre-season has been,
1st game- 1st drive or 2
2nd game- 1st qrt.
3rd game- 1st half some player into the 3rd.
4th game- throw away game, hardly any of the starters get alot of playing time.

and then you have to consider the Jay's hip factor which means he may not play for the first game or two. they may play the starters a bit longer w/Jay

thanks for the responses. I would really love to go to the game, just depends how much tickets run and how available they are. i did not know this is the texans first game in the reliant dome.

Jay said he's feeling no pain as of right now. By the time the first preseason game rolls around, he'll be fine.

Thats about right except one modifier.

We have a number of positions with competition involved and we have some rotations to figure out. Personally I love the preseason cuz its the only time you get to watch your prospects and see how they do. I'll be watchin Jamie Nails, Seth McKinney, Randy McMichael, Leonard Henry, Robert Edwards, Ray Green, Justin Seaverns, Sam Simmons, Zak Kustok, and Tim Levcik pretty closely. Won't hurt seeing Ray Lucas perform either.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Thats about right except one modifier.

We have a number of positions with competition involved and we have some rotations to figure out. Personally I love the preseason cuz its the only time you get to watch your prospects and see how they do. I'll be watchin Jamie Nails, Seth McKinney, Randy McMichael, Leonard Henry, Robert Edwards, Ray Green, Justin Seaverns, Sam Simmons, Zak Kustok, and Tim Levcik pretty closely. Won't hurt seeing Ray Lucas perform either.

Good point, it should be very interesting to watch the rookies and backups.

Back
Top Bottom