Dolphins backing off Logan Ryan pursuit? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins backing off Logan Ryan pursuit?

Rumors about Ryan landing with former Patriots position coach Brian Flores circulated in March and May, but nearly four months into free agency, the former Patriots and Titans corner remains a free agent. The seven-year veteran’s price demand almost certainly has contributed to this. Ryan was linked to wanting $10MM per yearearlier this offseason. The Jets have been the team most closely connected to Ryan this offseason

Additionally, the Dolphins do not appear to be angling to add Larry Warford to their offensive line, Jackson adds. The Dolphins signed Ereck Flowers to be one of their starting guards and drafted Robert Hunt in Round 2. Hunt has been linked to lining up at guard or right tackle, however, giving the team a possible need at guard. Pro Football Focus and Football Outsiders assessed the 2019 Dolphins’ offensive line as the league’s worst

Additionally, the Dolphins do not appear to be angling to add Larry Warford to their offensive line, Jackson adds. The Dolphins signed Ereck Flowers to be one of their starting guards and drafted Robert Hunt in Round 2. Hunt has been linked to lining up at guard or right tackle, however, giving the team a possible need at guard. Pro Football Focus and Football Outsiders assessed the 2019 Dolphins’ offensive line as the league’s worst
I expect our line to be pretty bad this year. We are relying a lot on rookies that will have an unprecedented lack of preparation going into the season.

But I also see a lot of potential. I'm guessing we also add another piece or two next year depending on how our crop of young guys pan out. I'd love if Jackson, Flowers, Karras, Kindley,Hunt (with Dieter potentially taking over for Karras) is the finished product. But we have no idea.

But I like what we have done given where we started. I really care much more how this line looks a year from now and beyond.

We seem to be at or near the bottom of every ranking I have seen posted on this site. So I'm very excited to see if our guys can prove these "experts" wrong.

I remember reading that Ryan was pretty bad all year before that redemption playoff game.

With the way we develop DB's, I trust our organization to take a young athletic kid and make him at least decent. No need to give an older player 7+ mil

X
By Jones
Igby
Needham
Jamal Perry

currently pretty much locked in with guys like Tankersley, Ryan Lewis, Ken Webster, and Tae Hayes fighting for 1 spot MAX. And that's all assuming they don't plan on moving Bobby McCain back to corner since we have 6 other safeties in camp right now.

No they ar
cheap when it come time to get OG.. they over spend in secondary..

Every GM has a philosophy on what positions get the greatest cap allocation. I believe in the importance of the interior OL more than most GM’s. That being said Waldorf is available for a reason.

Back
Top Bottom