Dolphins Bringing All Big 12 Defensive End To Team Headquarters | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Bringing All Big 12 Defensive End To Team Headquarters

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
upload_2019-3-23_10-38-27.jpeg

The Dolphins, who want to add several defensive linemen through the draft process, have taken a keen interest in TCU defensive end L.J. Collier and have invited him to team headquarters for a pre-draft visit, according to a source.

In his only season as a starter, Collier started 10 games last season and produced 42 tackles (including 11.5 for loss), six sacks and four pass breakups. He was named first-team All Big 12.

Collier, who’s 6-2 and 283 pounds, had 14.5 sacks in 33 college games.

NFL Network’s Daniel Jeremiah places him 40th among all draft prospects.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article227418249.html

Collier fits the Trey Flowers role. Not explosive by any means but is strong and can push people.

3rd round is the highest I'd draft him though.

tbh I like Banogu better than him even tho I like him too. I'd not draft Collier till day 3. Banogu should go higher than that thought. I'm sure Flores is looking for a particular type of player and he has all the info that we don't have so we'll have to trust him at this point.

Collier fits the Trey Flowers role. Not explosive by any means but is strong and can push people.

3rd round is the highest I'd draft him though.

Flowers is explosive, though. He's not fast or agile, but his burst is high-end. I wouldn't be in any rush to draft Collier - 4th/5th seems reasonable - but I agree that he is a fit.

tbh I like Banogu better than him even tho I like him too. I'd not draft Collier till day 3. Banogu should go higher than that thought. I'm sure Flores is looking for a particular type of player and he has all the info that we don't have so we'll have to trust him at this point.

Banogu and Collier are two completely different players and would fill different roles in this defense.

Back
Top Bottom