Dolphins & Burnett May Be Close and Closer | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins & Burnett May Be Close and Closer

I don't agree, I think we have plenty of bodies to throw out on the OL, enough to find five starters and we have some capable backup linebackers, namely, Hendricks and Galyon.
We are one Daryl Gardener back strain away from starting David Bowens or Ogunleye.. neither of which will be able to hold up at the point of attack.

Originally posted by inFINSible

What if Daryl goes down again? Do you think D-Bow or Ogunleye could hold up against the run?

Honestly I don't think Burnett can either. However at this point I'm just glad to add one DE and not have to face the possibility of getting shut out of the DE market totally.

Dolphins closer with Burnett

Dolphins | Close With Burnett - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
21:52 PT: Alex Marvez reports for the Sun Sentinel the Miami Dolphins are reportedly closer to a contract with free agent DL Rob Burnett (Ravens). Team officials are optimistic a contract agreement with Burnett will be finalized this week. The Dolphins originally offered Burnett a contract worth the NFL veteran minimum of $750,000 but are now willing to make a multiyear deal.

I don't know if I am really happy about this or not. I mean it can't hurt, but I think Burnett at 34 has most of his good days behind him. I guess if gardner goes down at least we will still have DE that can handle himself on running plays.

contracts for the minimum generally mean depth player.

either way...it really won't hurt.

Originally posted by dolphan
contracts for the minimum generally mean depth player.

either way...it really won't hurt.

Helps to read an entire thread before you post. He isn't getting a minimum contract. The phins have moved onto a multiyear contract offer which won't be a minimum deal.

lol.....I was going to say that but that pesky old "he who is without sin..." saying got me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom