Dolphins camp comes into view — as does Patriots fixation | Commentary | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins camp comes into view — as does Patriots fixation | Commentary

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
400x225

“New England’s won the division 14 of the last 16 years, something like that?” Jarvis Landry said earlier this summer to MMQB’s Peter King. “It’s ridiculous. It’s a problem. We cannot let that happen anymore.”

He went on to say the Dolphins would sweep the Patriots this year. “It’s time for a change,” he said. “I have all the respect in the world for the Patriots, and I respect Tom Brady tremendously. But they’re not our big brother anymore.”
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-hyde-column-20170715-story.html

Hyde admits in the article that He and the Media have an obsession with the Pats. THEY ask the players about them, THEY hound the coaches about them. Then THEY write the articles about what the players and coaches say about the Patriots. This is bullshit.

I'm all for the confidence but don't create bulletin board material.

cut.gif
Right? I groaned out loud when I read that he said Miami would sweep the Pats. I HATE when players do that. Like you said, have confidence, but don't bite off more than you can chew.

Hyde admits in the article that He and the Media have an obsession with the Pats. THEY ask the players about them, THEY hound the coaches about them. Then THEY write the articles about what the players and coaches say about the Patriots. This is bullshit.
And if that is the case it is up to the coaching staff to tell the players to not buy into it. If they get asked questions like that, be more vague or humble about it. Don't give them the one liners they are looking for.

Non issue. These guys are professionals. I don't think anyone in the league fears the Pats. They do recognize that they are a well coached, sound football team and that you have to bring your A game if you want any chance to beat them.
This silliness of fearing the Pats is a sentiment left to fans and media.

I think fans care more about "bulletin board material" than the players do.

I don't know if Miami will challenge New England this year. It seems like a wildcard berth might be the best the Dolphins can do.

But if the Patriots suddenly have the kind of injuries Miami experienced last year, you never know. Plus, I know Tom Brady wants to play another five years, but the hits get harder to recover from as you get older. Staying at his current level will be difficult to do. At some point, he has to start to decline.

I think fans care more about "bulletin board material" than the players do.

You should think otherwise.

"Bill is a smart, crafty guy. He will present it as blatant disrespect for the guys who were there throughout that run of Super Bowls, and he will use it to help the new guys identify with the Patriots' legacy. It will be a rallying call."

Cherry spent four seasons within Belichick's inner sanctum and is quite familiar with the coach's tactics for getting his players jacked.

Bulletin-board material is one of Belichick's favorite methods to stimulate players a little more in a sport that sometimes can be consumed by weekly routines.

http://www.espn.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/3163/bulletin-board-provides-a-motivational-tack

I think Landry is just saying to be the best you have to beat the best. I understand where he is coming from and he is respectful of the Patriots as well. What are the players supposed to say whoa is me? Not if we are changing this culture to a winning one. Landry is challenging himself and his team mates to rise to the next level. Players, and coaches can only take so many nut kicks.

Last edited:
I think Landry is just saying to be the best you have to beat the best. I understand where he is coming from and he is respectful of the Patriots as well. What are the players supposed to say whoo is me? Not if we are changing this culture to a winning one. Landry is challenging himself and his team mates to rise to the next level.

It's best for these declarations or such things to stay in house. You're not being respectful when you claim you're going to sweep a team who has dominated, not only the AFC East, but the NFL for the past 16 years and are the defending SB champs. That kind of gloating is very much disrespectful and NE and Belichick will see it as so and use it accordingly.

Last edited:
It's best for such declarations for such things to stay in house. You're not being respectful when you claim you're going to sweep a team who has dominated, not only the AFC East, but the NFL for the past 16 years and are the defending SB champs. That kind of gloating is very much disrespectful and NE and Belichick will see at so and use it accordingly.
Question to you bro, how much longer are we supposed to be the Pats bitch?

Back
Top Bottom