Dolphins Close With Burnett | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Close With Burnett

Originally posted by Phinmaster1354
I know that's the norm in the NFL, backup LB's have to be on special teams.My point is, I would like to see some depth here with an underachieving unit(EXCLUDING ZACH), I don't believe we have it! If they can pick up a solid veteran up at a fair price, why not?? I think that is more of a priority than an old hasbeen in Rob Burnett!! He's no Trace Armstrong and I don't think he has much left in the tank after last year! Marco Coleman yes, but I am not sold on Burnett!!

You can't have WHATEVER you want, the fact is, we can't afford Coleman and we need a DE......Your choices are michael Sinclair, Jay Williams, and Rob Burnett.........pick one. It's as simple as that.
Obviously, the people running the show also feel that DE is the number 1 priority or they would be negotiating with a LB right now.

Originally posted by inFINSible

You can't have WHATEVER you want, the fact is, we can't afford Coleman and we need a DE......Your choices are michael Sinclair, Jay Williams, and Rob Burnett.........pick one. It's as simple as that.
Obviously, the people running the show also feel that DE is the number 1 priority or they would be negotiating with a LB right now.
as of now Jay Williams is still a Panther and they are looking to re-do his contract so make that Burnett, Sinclair or nada

see
Panthers | More On Williams - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
21:36 PT: Updating an ongoing story, the Gaston Gazette reports Carolina Panthers DE Jay Williams plans to skip the final two weeks of the team's voluntary coaching sessions unless the team restructures his contract by Friday. Agent Ron Del Duca said Williams will "shut it down" unless a new deal is reached by Friday. Williams and his agent want the Panthers to either rework Williams’ contract, trade him or release him. Del Duca is worried the Panthers will not release him until later this summer, which will make it more difficult for him to land a job with another team. Williams has been practicing sofarr this week and he is expected to work again today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is everyone leaving out Twan Russell?? Corey Moore will not beat him out for a roster spot. I think Russell will turn out to be a nice backup for Greenwood now that Morlon is ready to start. Moore is competing for a WLB spot. So he's got to beat out Galyon (who can play all three spots). Galyon looked really good to me at the end of the season when he started for Rodgers, highlighted by a 7 tackle performace vs Buffalo.

I think the key to our improvement this season will be Greenwood becoming a solid starter. Then our LB depth will seem much better.

Rob Burnett can hold up against the run much better than Trace Armstrong can. Burnett can even play DT. So in that sense, Trace Armstrong is no Rob Burnett.

SORRY RICK SPIELMAN!!!!

SORRY RICK!!! I didn't know that I was talking to ol' RICKY SPIELMAN!! I know you can't have whatever you want!! I definately think GREENWOOD will be fine but I would just like some insurance here! Let me ask you this, do you like SINCLAIR or WILLIAMS?? Do you think they can contribute? I don't think they can! I like the fact that BURNETT's contract is low and cap friendly and is a bigger upgrade than the latter two! Also, a couple days ago, the HERALD reported that the PHINS are checking out the scenerios of acquiring COLEMAN'S services!! You should know that RICK!!!:p

Originally posted by Muck
Rob Burnett can hold up against the run much better than Trace Armstrong can. Burnett can even play DT. So in that sense, Trace Armstrong is no Rob Burnett.

Yup but he couldn't ever get a whiff of a QB's cologne. So in that way he definately isn't no Trace.

I only predict 12 sacks from our DE's this year due to JT being doubled up on all passing downs. Going to be a rough year for J.T

yes but...

Originally posted by VanDolPhan

I only predict 12 sacks from our DE's this year due to JT being doubled up on all passing downs. Going to be a rough year for J.T

It may be rough for Jason this year, but DG may surprise us (and everyone else, I hope) on the other side. He has speed and strength, just gotta keep him healthy. That may add up to more sacks by DEs. With Burnett as a backup, we have a solid vet who can play at a relatively high level against the pass or run. I would rather have Coleman too, but at this point it doesn't seem like that will happen. Who else is out there but Sinclair, and maybe Williams... We KNOW we need the position filled. Let's fill it!

Re: SORRY RICK SPIELMAN!!!!

Originally posted by Phinmaster1354
SORRY RICK!!! I didn't know that I was talking to ol' RICKY SPIELMAN!! I know you can't have whatever you want!! I definately think GREENWOOD will be fine but I would just like some insurance here! Let me ask you this, do you like SINCLAIR or WILLIAMS?? Do you think they can contribute? I don't think they can! I like the fact that BURNETT's contract is low and cap friendly and is a bigger upgrade than the latter two! Also, a couple days ago, the HERALD reported that the PHINS are checking out the scenerios of acquiring COLEMAN'S services!! You should know that RICK!!!:p

Burnett is obviously the choice out of those three....that's what i was saying.....Philadelphia has about 9 mil worth of cap room and they are expected to to go hard after Coleman which would make it awful hard for us to sign him, probably impossible so, I think we need to sign Burnett before some one else does...some one like Washington who is in the market for a new DE.

Re: Re: SORRY RICK SPIELMAN!!!!

Burnett is obviously the choice out of those three....that's what i was saying.....Philadelphia has about 9 mil worth of cap room and they are expected to to go hard after Coleman which would make it awful hard for us to sign him, probably impossible so, I think we need to sign Burnett before some one else does...some one like Washington who is in the market for a new DE.

So far I haven't heard anything about Philly contacting Coleman at all yet.

Back
Top Bottom