Dolphins Coaches Poll plus you opinions pick which ones concern you the most post why | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Coaches Poll plus you opinions pick which ones concern you the most post why

Pick the coaches you like the least

• Ken O'Keefe Recievers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jim Nixon Running Backs

• Dan Cambell Tight Ends

• Lou Anarumo Secondary

• Total voters

phintim

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
PIck the coaches you are worried about or don't like!

Hey most of the posts here and the media revolve around concerns about the Dolphins players. Lets discuss the coaches and which ones worry you the most.

I will start out saying Sherman is at the top of my list as a guy who did not cut it in college at Texas A&M whom Ryann T also played for if Sherman did not get it done in college why should I be more optomistic with him leading our offense in the NFL! The next coach I am worried about is Philbin and his lack of experience but I do like the Philbins style so far and how he presents himself.

The coach I am most excited to see (I hope) is Kevin Colyle and what he can do with our secondary which has a lot of returning players but has not been the strength of our defense in the past I am thinking improvements with him at the helm are forthcoming.

I said Mike Sherman, but not because I am worried about if he can coach or not. I answered it as who do I have concern about, not who I like the least. I think he was the biggest assistant hire Philbin made. My concern is that he could be one and done in Miami if a college or pro team comes calling with a head coach opportunity. Let's be real, Sherman almost got the Buccaneers head coach job.

I think he is VERY important in the development of Ryan Tannehill. How many first round quarterbacks get to have their college coaches follow them to the NFL? Zac Taylor is the assistant QB coach and if Sherman left, he probably would follow him. Hopefully Sherman doesn't follow a head coach chance elsewhere and stays a least a few years to develop Tannehill.

i picked rizzi bc our special teams has been awful. but im also concerned with sherman, for the same reasons as nubs

i picked rizzi bc our special teams has been awful. but im also concerned with sherman, for the same reasons as nubs
special teams have improve under Rizzi have they not the past 2 years?

Last edited by a moderator:
special teams have improve under Rizzi have they not the past 1 years?
yea we have improved some. we arent having every fg and punt blocked like before, but there is absolutly no spark to our st. when was the last time we did something good? but yes we have improved. alot of people just push special teams under the rug but its a huge part of the game as we know, bc we have lost game due to poor special teams play

I picked Lou Anarumo because he has never coached or played in the NFL before, and that worries me if he is to coach our secondary in the AFCE. I also picked Edwards because I thought he severely underachieved as DC in buffalo.

special teams have improve under Rizzi have they not the past 1 years?

It would be very hard to get worse then it was with that unit.

Picked Rizzi as well, just because, as sinPHIN stated, when has that unit made any big plays? In todays NFL special teams are very important. We've gradually entered competent(as opposed to where it was at: oh dear god we are losing multiple games and wtf is bobbi carpenter still doing out there?!?!?!) but we need more from it.

Kevin Coyle also worries me a bit. He was a great hire and has been chased after for DC for years...but he is still a first year coordinator. Didnt pick him just because he seems to have what it takes, but still going to be apprehensive until the season starts.

edit: Whoops! Well, i meant to hit Rizzi, but havent had any coffee yet and hit Coyle...so yeah, Rizzi worries me!

Back
Top Bottom