Dolphins coaching job would be attractive one | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins coaching job would be attractive one

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Dolphins coaching job would be attractive one
In short, coaching candidates should be aplenty if and when the Dolphins fire coach Dave Wannstedt. From retreads such as Tom Coughlin and Dennis Green to NFL coordinators such as Romeo Crennel and Brad Childress to the college ranks with LSU's Nick Saban, the Dolphins job will pique lots of interest.

All of those coaches and many others have already put out feelers about the job, according to various NFL sources. The Dolphins job is a glamour spot in an already high-profile occupation, and it's a glamour spot with a hands-off owner.

"It would be the No. 1 job out there," said agent Daniel More, who represents numerous NFL coaches. "[Huizenga] runs the team the way he runs his businesses. He hires people to do the job and gives them the tools to do it."

Yeah, I thought this was quite comforting...

...even if the prospects for success in year one are not (Parcells in Cowboyland being as it is an exception).

Good article... even if we do make the playoffs... Wanny is still gone. In another article Wayne was asked if making the playoffs was "enough"... and he responded "No. No. No. That's never enough". Most people are listing the probable two consecutive playoff misses as the reason Wanny will get the can, when in fact his failure in Wayne's eyes lapses back to getting our arses handed to us early in the playoffs a few years ago. I like that this shows that as secretive as Miami is trying to be... they're obviously testing the water. I think I wouldn't mind Bates sticking around... he's done a good job with the D this year. Most people will only remember this last catastrophe, but the D has won us MANY, MANY more games this year than the O has.... I'd almost say it's scored more points than the O (counting excellent field position due to TO's)! If we can get an offensive minded coach in here to take some pressure off of the D... then we still have a shot at winning the 1 or 2 bad games the D has a year.... and maybe even keep them from getting worn down at the end of the year and having any really bad games at all... I'm just ready for some new blood.

Just a little Wannstedt tidbit to tide us over until his departure:

Wanny needs to sweep the season not only for a shot at the playoffs, but also to leave Miami as a winning coach. He's currently 79-79 all time, and loosing just one more will mean that at best he leaves 80-80. I do feel bad for him though... as nice as he seems... though I think that is why he doesn't make a good NFL HC.

Sounds like Saben and Denny Green are the front runners. I hope we get Wolf as GM he would be good......

What about Charlie Wise (sp?) from NE? Look at the job he has done with the NE offense this year WITHOUT a premier RB or WR. I think that he would be a good candidate to bring in next year since it looks like we won;t be able to spend the kind of money on offense that we feel in necessary to bring it up to par.....

Of all the Jobs coming open this year, The Miami and Atlanta(Vick) jobs have to be the most appealing.

I do not think Charlie Weiss would make a good HC. IMO he looks good because NE has a solid OL and a good QB, but hard to tell if the OL and QB look good because of Charlie Weiss. That is always the dilemna as it was when JJ took over: if you get a decent or even good HC and you have no asst coaches worth a damn (George Hill/Gary Stephens/Kippy Brown), they u will not succeed

OK so we spend the money on a couple of good linemen and draft a QB. Then will he have the right tools?

The Miami job, hands down...

Is the most coveted coaching job in the NFL. Not because of the weather or location, and not even about the way WH handles this organization. It's because this team has one of the most prolific histories in the NFL and the 72 season is probably one of the most amazing feats in all of sports, coupled with the fact that this team hasn't won a superbowl in over 30 years...whomever coaches here and gets us to the superbowl and wins, will probably be glorified as the savior or resurrector of the Dolphin franchise. And be viewed as "the" premiere coach in the NFL. Hell they would name a street and probably put a statue up after him in Miami.

Excellent article by Cole. He is dialed in.

Interesting to hear that they're considering keeping the defensive coaches intact and going for a Dungy-to-Indy, Gruden-to-Tampa style approach.

Tom Coughlin is a disciplinarian and an offense head coach..

What about Jim Johnson, the Defensive Coordinator for the Eagles??..

Anyone know much about this guy??

Back
Top Bottom