Dolphins Continue To Send Message With Contract Negotiations | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Continue To Send Message With Contract Negotiations

You are right, it's a business, good for Reshad and ****ty for Miami. Hopefully the days of thinking a SS is the best player on the team, to the point of giving in to his demands with 2 years left just to see him quit in the middle of a game, are over.
I know we disagree on this but I think Reshad has been a heck of a player for us. He’s played through injuries etc. Has made a lot of big plays over the years.

At least grier has moved quick to resign as many guys as possible before their final year. He's also making the deals beneficial for both parties which is smart.

He certainly handled this better than tannebaum and his wait till the end and then resign everyone approach. Now all we have to worry about is tonsil and I'm confident we will get him his money
Tannenbaum was to “Star FAs” what Santa Clause is to Christmas kiddies.

I think the Reshad Jones type of deals are over. They extended him twice with 2 years remaining and both times he made "a statement" by missing some sort of camp.

X was on his final year and showed up to all the voluntary stuff ready to work. Same with Jakeem. It's a big reason I wanted Jarvis to stay because he far outperformed his deal and always showed up and was great in the community (I get why we didn't extend him as well).

Time to stop falling prey to these primadonna tactics and reward the ones that want to be here and puts in the work, voluntary or not.

I think it is a change in mindset, find guys who are going to do it the right way, do what is best for the team. Line up correctly, block downfield, eat up double and triples to let other dudes eat. Jones was a guy who played for Jones...yes, he made some great plays, but he had just as many blunders that caused huge plays. I'm sure there is someone willing to put together the number of times Jones was out of position and we give up a 3rd and long.

Back
Top Bottom