Dolphins Could Have A Chance At Getting Haskins | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Could Have A Chance At Getting Haskins

I love me a fleet of foot QB but I think we gotta stop knocking Haskins so much for his mobility.

He’s just as mobile as probly 75% of the QBs that have started the last in the NFL the last ten years.

I love me a fleet of foot QB but I think we gotta stop knocking Haskins so much for his mobility.

He’s just as mobile as probly 75% of the QBs that have started the last in the NFL the last ten years.
The thing is, I think he can make it part of his reportoire, at least relatively speaking, but letting himself get out of shape robbed him from some of that, and you can see it in affect, you gotta have all your bullets at the next level though, no excuses..

He’s a talented Qb..Imagine him in shape.

A little concerning that he was much lighter and quicker and more mobile that year than he is now at 22 years old, his body should be getting faster and quicker at this stage, not getting slower and more static, he let himself get out of shape..
This. Exactly what I was thinking. To top it off, after playing more games than he ever did before to months of training before the draft and he still looks out of shape to some, the question is why settle?

On Twitter, Simon wrote:
Why settle for a player you don't think is the right fit? Because social media says you should? Dwayne is a nice player but seven years of Tannehill and then you draft a player with the same lack of pocket presence? No.

While I disagree with him a bit in that Haskins doesn't have pocket presence but rather his feet doesn't move at the same speed his mind does, the concern is the same. Why settle for a player who's too dependent on having a great group of linemen (Foles) and/or needing a quick-strike offensive system like Brady? One more year and other than Tua, the team can choose between Stanley, Fromm, Love, Herbert, Montez or someone else.

Clearly FH is not your first rodeo when it comes to fandom social media. Certainly if you're truthful, you haven't made these savant evaluations in a vacuum. Easy to dispel the very understandable skepticism by citing links elsewhere to these successful predictions. After all Money Talks and Bull **** Walks.
This is actually the only fin site I ever signed up for. I used to basically just lurk at five fin forums for years. Unless you want to drive around town with me and talk to people I used to talk football with, there's no proof. Like I said, you can believe it or not. You also can remain neutral. There's no decision to be made.

The thing is, I think he can make it part of his reportoire, at least relatively speaking, but letting himself get out of shape robbed him from some of that, and you can see it in affect, you gotta have all your bullets at the next level though, no excuses..

He’s a talented Qb..Imagine him in shape.

He definitely looked heavy

Heavy isn’t even the word. He looked like a brick **** house. He looked like he can carry more weight in his shoulders than most guys can in their legs

This. Exactly what I was thinking. To top it off, after playing more games than he ever did before to months of training before the draft and he still looks out of shape to some, the question is why settle?

On Twitter, Simon wrote:
Why settle for a player you don't think is the right fit? Because social media says you should? Dwayne is a nice player but seven years of Tannehill and then you draft a player with the same lack of pocket presence? No.

While I disagree with him a bit in that Haskins doesn't have pocket presence but rather his feet doesn't move at the same speed his mind does, the concern is the same. Why settle for a player who's too dependent on having a great group of linemen (Foles) and/or needing a quick-strike offensive system like Brady? One more year and other than Tua, the team can choose between Stanley, Fromm, Love, Herbert, Montez or someone else.

Fromm will likely be #2 overall and the other QBs all have more to prove and/or flawed.

Haskins has better pocket presence than Tannehill. He's been playing the position his whole life, and his production came from an OK offensive line. It's not like he had Kyler Murray's level of protection.

Fromm will likely be #2 overall and the other QBs all have more to prove and/or flawed.
I agree with you in part except that I see higher ceilings for other prospects compared to Fromm. Even going about this in an amateurish way, from the first time I watched him until now, I still don't see what it is that's going to separate him from the pact at the next level. He has limited tools. He's not going to beat a team by doing the impossible with his arm. Definitely not with his legs. Whoever drafts him would have to bank on him becoming a great decision maker to warrant a top-ten pick. And that trait, I believe, is the hardest to quantify.

Haskins has better pocket presence than Tannehill.
That's not saying much as practically every prospect I'd watched over the years had better pocket presence than Tannehill. Even college freshmen are better at it.

A little concerning that he was much lighter and quicker and more mobile that year than he is now at 22 years old, his body should be getting faster and quicker at this stage, not getting slower and more static, he let himself get out of shape..

Just something of note, I’m sure he’s smart enough to understand this simple concept..

That's the first think I noticed with Haskins is he had a little belly pouch. Hope he isn't one of those Vince Young type guys that fights his weight so early in his career.

Back
Top Bottom