Dolphins|culpepper back up... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins|culpepper back up...

MegaFinz

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
[mod] Draft threads belong in the draft forum. [/mod]

may come from draft. Len pasquarelli of espn.com reports the dolphins may use the upcoming draft to find a back up q.b. for culpepper especially if the team cannot pull off a trade for lion's q.b. joey harrington.

I still think they need to find a way to sigh a veteran backup even if they do draft a QB. We need someone to keeep us in the race from the get go untill Culpepper is ready. I think whether anyone likes it or not that Maddox is the best option if they can't get Harrington in here. Atleast with Maddox you know what you have, not a great QB but a guy that has the ability to win a few games and keep us going. If we trust the offense to an unproven rookie we stand a good chance of losing some games early and if we want to keep pace with the Pats at top the AFC East we need to win every game we can.

I already said that having a rookie as a back up was not the way to go oh well i geuss we will have wait and see what happens.:dolphins: :dolphins:

no way we find someone in the draft that will be able to start opening day, and real unlikely be a reasonable backup THIS season. We would be much better served to start Cleo, who knows the playbook and can run similar offenses to Daunte. This certainly has become an interesting delima. Nervous interesting...

If its not a veteran QB I don't want him on the team, we have are young QB in Cleo, we need a vet to come in and compete with him for the backup QB position, and thats all that is to it. Maddox, Martin, Harrington . . don't care. Somebody who has started before is ideal competition for Lemon.

Kdawg954 said:
If its not a veteran QB I don't want him on the team, we have are young QB in Cleo, we need a vet to come in and compete with him for the backup QB position, and thats all that is to it. Maddox, Martin, Harrington . . don't care. Somebody who has started before is ideal competition for Lemon.

well, you might be selling Nick short. He has expressed that he would carry four qb's into the season if he can find some worthwhile prospects....not to start maybe but to coach up and trade for more picks.

cnc66 said:
well, you might be selling Nick short. He has expressed that he would carry four qb's into the season if he can find some worthwhile prospects....not to start maybe but to coach up and trade for more picks.

Thats fine, and I am all for value . . however my point was I will be very upset if they go into training camp and the preseason with a less than healthy CPep, a rookie QB and Lemon. Also isn't their 4th QB Berlin? So ideally there looking for 2nd string competition and a rookie is not the way to go, atleast not in my opinion. I understand the BPA philosophy, and I don't mind them drafting a QB, BUTTTTT they better have a veteran in here as well, plain and simple. I mean if Charlie Whitehurst is there 49th best player and they pick what around 80 in the 3rd round and hes there (hypothecially speaking of course), then I mean pounce on him, but don't go into this season with a potentially not ready CPep and 2 or 3 inexperienced QB's on the roster, that can't happen.

I hate the idea of having a rookie QB as the backup. I don't think this is the year for us to draft a QB, and if we do, that's fine, but not as second string, not at all.

Harrington will have to be dealt. and it will happen before the draft. I guarantee it..because if Millen waits that long, he will lose quite a few suitors.

That's besides the point. What if he goes down again during the year?

You always, ALWAYS want a reliable backup, even if you had no indication anything was wrong with your starter. The only time the rookie should be the backup is typically if you are rebuilding and grooming that QB to take over as starter the next year or something. Or if it is a last resort.

RobFins2005 said:
I hate the idea of having a rookie QB as the backup. I don't think this is the year for us to draft a QB, and if we do, that's fine, but not as second string, not at all.

Harrington will have to be dealt. and it will happen before the draft. I guarantee it..because if Millen waits that long, he will lose quite a few suitors.
I read somewhere online yesterday that the Lions would settle for a 2007 draft pick for harrington what that pick would be i don't know but isn't that what the Dolphins wanted to do? Give up a 2007 draft pick for harrington?

skimarino13 said:
any rookie is better than joey harrington

baloney. Joey was mediocre, but he wasn't horrible. and he has game experience. Often times rookies do terribly if they have to start their first year, and you don't want somebody with no game experience taking charge. If you want to delude yourself into thinking whatever rookie we threw out there wouldn't be a turnover machine, and would be better than Joey, suit yourself... Look at how much Carson Palmer struggled the first year he started, and that was AFTER a year sitting observing. Look at how bad Eli was his first year when thrust into the starting role...

(cue some poindexter going OMDFDAKDOMGFG LOOK AT ROEHTELISEBUREGER)

harrington was not mediocre, he was far worse. i live in the midwest and have to watch him a lot. he is one of the worst qbs i have ever seen. dont pull that mediocre stuff, because he isnt even close to mediocre, he is terrible

Back
Top Bottom