Dolphins decision to keep Moore, six receivers an easy one | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins decision to keep Moore, six receivers an easy one

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Moore, the second-year receiver who a season ago earned a roster spot as an undrafted rookie, sat patiently through the inquisition. As it turned out, the line of questioning – and any stress Moore might or might not have placed on himself – was unnecessary.Moore made the Dolphins' final 53 and made it without much debate, coach Tony Sparano said."As of the last couple weeks it really wasn't that tough of a decision," Sparano said earlier this week.Even though Moore was among the team's receiving leaders during the preseason – he finished with six receptions for 102 yards – his chances of making the final roster seemed in doubt because the Dolphins after the preseason have rarely kept more than five receivers.This time, though, they kept six: Moore, Brandon Marshall, Davone Bess, Brian Hartline, Clyde Gates and Roberto Wallace. Like Moore, Wallace is also a second-year player who went undrafted in 2010.That the Dolphins kept so many receivers could be further evidence that the team plans to be more pass-oriented under first-year offensive coordinator Brian Daboll. Or it could be that Sparano and his staff didn't want to part with any one of the team's top six players at the position."I have six [receivers] and I have six pretty good ones," said Sparano, whose team begins the season on Monday night against the New England Patriots. "So it's a deep position and I don't want to give up speed. I worked too hard to get it on this roster to give it up."http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-miami-dolphins-marlon-moore-0907-20110906,0,2041558.story?track=rss

This is not a surprise. We will run 4 receiver sets frequently, so we need two quality backups. It was a very easy decision.

Yeah I had him penciled in on our roster with the idea of only keeping two QBs. Great fit for our offense. Speed and quick one cut and go type of YAC receiver.

Back
Top Bottom