Dolphins draft board | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins draft board

Carne Asada

there be no distractions for our team
Club Member
Reaction score
Let's rank prospects specifically for the Dolphins.

1 LT Olumuyiwa Fashanu PSU

Only 1st rd OL I think could handle starting at LG year 1 and transition into LT year two. I think Fautanu and Barton are iOLs only at the NFL level, Fuaga is RT only and Alt and Latham are OTs only. Fashanu has plenty of LT starting experience but is not too tall or stiff to play LG. Furthermore his athleticism, straight line speed and punch make me think he could do almost as good at LG as he would at LT.

Last edited:
2 WR Malik Nabers LSU

I like him better for us over Harrison due to his superior YAC ability.

3 WR Marvin Harrison Jr OSU

4 WR Romeo Odunze Wash

Last edited:
5 LT Joe Alt ND
Size reminds me of SF Trent Williams.

6 LT JC Latham Ala
Best OT prospect according to NFL.com by a lot.

Last edited:
7 Edge Dallas Turner Ala
What injured starters?

8 Brock Bowers TE GA

9 Edge Jared Verse FSU
I'm basically going on positional value to dictate these, can you tell?

Last edited:
10 WR Brian Thomas Jr LSU
I'm done hoping for EZ just to see Berrios get the 3rd most WR targets which were still very few. Hill is somewhat controversial and very expensive.

11 Laiatu Latu Edge UCLA
It's like little value clusters, short runs at positions and their value that make me pick these players. Not renewing a DT and RG we hit on after we spent high picks on them really upsets me, LOL. Grier better sign whoever he picks here to a second contract, lol. Latu has an injury history and that pushes him here.

Last edited:
12 "Chop" Robinson Edge PSU
Workout warrior. Raw and lacking experience and production but the tape that's out there is very good and his combine numbers are flat out ridiculous.

13 Troy Fautanu OL Wash
Best LG prospect and potential back up LT.

14 Graham Barton OL Duke
The short arms suck when it comes to OTs. Reminds me of Eich on that regard. Hopefully the plus athleticism is enough to guarantee a smooth transition to iOL.

Last edited:
15 Taliese Fuaga OT Oregon St
RT prospect. That pushes him down here.

16 Byron Murphy II DT TX
I'm not really enthusiastic about DTs we'll end up letting walk.

17 Amarius Mims OT GA
RT prospect.

18 Terrion Arnold CB Ala
I know. I pushed CB kinda low but after Iggy and Cam, I think Grier will steer away from early CBs.

Fashanu has struggled facing power and needs to get stronger himself. I do not see him playing inside. He is a pure pass protecting OT.

Fuaga may well have to move inside if his pass pro does not improve but it is hardly a certainty that he won't get better there.We don't know how hard switching sides would be for him as he has not played on the left side in college.

Mims is not a project he is just inexperienced.And he is not some lifelong RT, he played on the left side in HS and was a 5 star recruit doing it.

Latham might be forced to stay on the right side and he too could be an awesome OG, would be a great fit for Miami.

Fautanu has the athleticism to stay at LT but could slot inside early which would suit Miami.

Barton looks to be a future Pro Bowl IOL who could play OT in a pinch but probably not long term.

Murphy is a great gap DT but I m not sure what Weaver is looking for out of his IDL so I do not know where to slot Murphy and Newton.

I agree that Miami is not taking a CB early.

I view Chop Robinson and a total gamble based on his incredible first step.I am sure coaches think they can get more out of him and the Penn St coaching staff may not know what they are doing but it worries me that he was so unproductive in college.

Latu worries me because he won with an advanced pass rushing plan and moves and his success came against really bad OL. When matched against better competition he struggled.

I would be very happy if Miami landed one of Fautanu/Latham/Fashanu/Fuaga/Barton(in that order).

Barring OL I would be trading back barring some surprise like Bowers being there.

Good stuff Carne! :UP:

Once again the Dolphins look to be in "no man's land" in terms of their draft position.

The players who we really need and who could help us will probably be gone.

12 "Chop" Robinson Edge PSU
Workout warrior. Raw and lacking experience and production but the tape that's out there is very good and his combine numbers are flat out ridiculous.

13 Troy Fautanu OL Wash
Best LG prospect and potential back up LT.

14 Graham Barton OL Duke
The short arms suck when it comes to OTs. Reminds me of Eich on that regard. Hopefully the plus athleticism is enough to guarantee a smooth transition to iOL.
Seems high for Chop Robinson. Definitely a guy with talent, though.

Fashanu has struggled facing power and needs to get stronger himself. I do not see him playing inside. He is a pure pass protecting OT.

Fuaga may well have to move inside if his pass pro does not improve but it is hardly a certainty that he won't get better there.We don't know how hard switching sides would be for him as he has not played on the left side in college.

Mims is not a project he is just inexperienced.And he is not some lifelong RT, he played on the left side in HS and was a 5 star recruit doing it.

Latham might be forced to stay on the right side and he too could be an awesome OG, would be a great fit for Miami.

Fautanu has the athleticism to stay at LT but could slot inside early which would suit Miami.

Barton looks to be a future Pro Bowl IOL who could play OT in a pinch but probably not long term.

Murphy is a great gap DT but I m not sure what Weaver is looking for out of his IDL so I do not know where to slot Murphy and Newton.

I agree that Miami is not taking a CB early.

I view Chop Robinson and a total gamble based on his incredible first step.I am sure coaches think they can get more out of him and the Penn St coaching staff may not know what they are doing but it worries me that he was so unproductive in college.

Latu worries me because he won with an advanced pass rushing plan and moves and his success came against really bad OL. When matched against better competition he struggled.

I would be very happy if Miami landed one of Fautanu/Latham/Fashanu/Fuaga/Barton(in that order).

Barring OL I would be trading back barring some surprise like Bowers being there.

Good stuff Carne! :UP:
We are so on the same page here that it's kind of troubling! Lol.

Back
Top Bottom