Dolphins ESPN segment | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins ESPN segment

Predaphin

Predator in the Water
Reaction score
have any of you caught the segment on ESPN about the phins.....here are some of the things being said....

T.Buckley (who has experienced the same scenario with the patriots who lost to the bengals the year they won it all): "I couldn't sleep that night, but i got up the next morning and the sun rose, and i was like ok its a new day. It's gonna take a couple of game situations for us to Jell together."

P.Surtain: "I think it's gonna take some time to jell together, but it wont take that long because we got some playmakers on this defense."

Sean Salisbury went on to say that he picks us over the jets this weekend because we got too much leadership on this team not to get our act together and that we will bounce back.....I was surprised because Sean has treally never liked us......

you might be able to catch the re-run on ESPN SC or ESPNews.

Sean Salisbury must be Belgian because he waffles more than Bill Clinton at a nude, bi-partisan intern party.

"Senior Battle Bots" went from picking us to win the AFC, to then practically claiming us dead to now predicting our victory over the Jets and "turing this thing around"....

On NFL Live both Sean and Bryan said the Dolphins have the most fickle fans. What's up with that?

The Dolphins fans demand the most out of their franchise. Two losing seasons in 30 seasons. Every year we're not in the Super Bowl is a disappointment, and something needs to be changed. If something is wrong, we make a big stink about it.

We're spoiled. Might not be champs every year. But we've always got aspirations. So we go crazy when we win and piss and moan when we lose.

A lot of the fans (including myself, even though I'm not as old as some) are sick of being GOOD. Plain and simple. We've been "good" for too long now and everyone is become impatient.

Originally posted by The Spaz
On NFL Live both Sean and Bryan said the Dolphins have the most fickle fans. What's up with that?

I'd say they were both morons who don't think that "true fans" have a right to bitch about their teams if the teams deserve it.

We demand perfection...we can't have it any other way. I am not one to give up on the team If they lose like most but that is the way it is...we demand perfection.

I can't say whether Miami fans are more fickle than other fans, but IMO there are a large portion that suck. I've been a Dolphin fan since as long as I can remember (about the age of 5). I used to work as an usher so I could see the games when I couldn't afford tickets.I'd watch a large number of the "fans" stroll in late (2nd qtr) and then leave early (to beat the traffic, end of the 3rd qtr when beer sales cut off) The only games that were packed were jets games or games when the other teams fans showed up. It is the same with Hurricane fans. The OB is empty unless their playing a big opponent. If they lose then the "fans" walk out cursing the team (this player sucks, fire the coach) The "fans" say things like "I'm never going to believe in them again" Its not like that everywhere. I remember walking out of a UF game once. I'd been to others but this was the first time I'd seen them lose. As the fans were walking down the ramps they started chanting "Its great to be a Florida Gator" This was after a loss! It showed more class then I ever remember seeing at a Dolphin or Cane game. Its not that Gator fans didn't complain, they did, alot. But, they did it in a way that nobody ever questioned their loyalties. The next week the stadium was still full. It wasn't that they didn't care. I've seen more fans crying after a Gator loss then I ever saw after a UM loss. I just don't see the Miami teams getting the support that other teams do. I don't know if that makes Miami fans the most fickle, but it certainly doesn't make them better fans.

Yea!!!!

ive been going to dolphin games since i was a kid and ive always thought that the "fans" at the stadiums have really sucked...

i still remember the chanting of " sammy sucks" after he fumbled at the goal line when i was a kid, i also remember the numerous times ive sat at a near empty stadium while the fins have come back in the 4th...

but really, the media here is just as bad and they actually stir alot of it up, so it doesnt surprise me when i talk to people and all they have are things to complain about.

the expectations in miami ARE big, so i understand and really i feel a bit of it too, we are coming to an end of this era, rebuilding will come at some point, lets just hope we can end it with a bang.

Whatever, every team has fickle fans, that is the nature of sports. I live in aiderNation, and I say, their fans are the worst. You should see the papers and hear the radio this week, since they lost to the Titans.

They also looted the streets of Oakland. You could hardly tell, since Oakland is so rundown as it is, but it happened. Talk about being a poor sport.

Personally, I would find it troubling if fans of teams started accepting losing and were all like " That is alright, get em next time guys, keep your heads up!" Me? I could never be a coach because I would fire the team after every loss. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom