Dolphins Fans: Some helpful info | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Fans: Some helpful info

fin-atic

Are you a VIP?
Club Member
Reaction score
The following facts are to provide hope for Fin fans. They are not a slam against the Pack. I repeat I am NOT slamming the Pack. I like Green Bay and thier fans. I just want us to win!

-Green Bay has not beaten a team with a winning record this year
-Green Bay rush defense is ranked number 22, Miami run offense is ranked number 5.
-Carolina took the Pack to the wire in Green Bay. Pack won 17-14 but we are way better than Carolina.
-Packs only loss is to the only team with a winning record. New Orleans. It wasn't even close 35-20. Mcallister 21 rushes 123 yrds.
-Green Bay's defense is as banged up as our offense.

So, I think if Ray shows up and our stifling D plays the way they did in Denver, we win. We control the clock with Ricky and short control passes and Keep Brett off the field.

It all depends on number 8. Will it be Old Lucas, or Buffalo Lucas?

1. Buffalo fan: On paper we were starting A back-up QB, 2 back-up wide outs. ANd a back up left tackle. On paper no one knew what to expect. Now go away and quit being a troll.

2. WZ28 Winning record right now. I think it is more reflective who is real and who is not after seven games. Face it everyone starts undefeated.

Originally posted by BigDoug
Just like "on paper" you were supposed to slaughter the Bills last week :D

Dude honestly one Miami Dolphin player was the reason you won the game. Your team scored 23 points on 6 turn overs. If you beet us in Dec I will be more than happy to post 1,000,000 times that Buffalo has the better team, but right now all you have is 2nd place and the biggest gift the Denver Broncos have ever given another team. Nate Clemets played great, but I don't see you haveing the dominate team becuase 1 player gave you 6 ill say again 6 turnovers.

Originally posted by fin-atic
The following facts are to provide hope for Fin fans.

So, I think if Ray shows up and our stifling D plays the way they did in Denver, we win. We control the clock with Ricky and short control passes and Keep Brett off the field.

Hmmmm sounds like a page out of Bill Belichicks play book when they played the Pack. :eek: {You might want to look at the game stats to see how well that plan worked}

Here's a little fact that you forgot to mention

Packers D is ranked #1 in TO Ratio (thats a +12)
The number of wounded on the Packs team is now down to 2. Everyone else is healthy. {Yes I know, you will mention the injury to Favre's knee, but do not forget you are talking about a player who has played with a very bad sprained ankle, dislocated thumb (throwing hand), bad elbow to name a few. He is looking at this injury as a minimal issue)

Regarding Lucas. A great deal will also depend on how his hip is feeling.

Are the Fins seriously looking at Aikman? Who is the #3 QB there now?

Your points are well made squirrel. The game should be good. And as I said I believe it all will depend on if Lucas shows up this game.

The Aikman thing is totally Bogus. It was fueled because some reporter asked Aikman if he would come out of retirement to play in Miami if asked. His response was that he would "think about it".
Well over zealous fans picked up on it and it became more than what it was.
This past week Dave Wanstadt said about Aikman:
"Its definitely not an option"

So it has been blown out of proportion and is not a possibility. This kind of thing always happens when a team gets in QB trouble. If Lucas has a good game against you it will all go away and then the same desperate fans will be saying "The starter should be Lucas" and "Miami has a QB controversy"
People love stirring the pot.

Re: Re: Dolphins Fans: Some helpful info

Originally posted by Squirrel

Hmmmm sounds like a page out of Bill Belichicks play book when they played the Pack. :eek: {You might want to look at the game stats to see how well that plan worked}

Here's a little fact that you forgot to mention

Packers D is ranked #1 in TO Ratio (thats a +12)
The number of wounded on the Packs team is now down to 2. Everyone else is healthy. {Yes I know, you will mention the injury to Favre's knee, but do not forget you are talking about a player who has played with a very bad sprained ankle, dislocated thumb (throwing hand), bad elbow to name a few. He is looking at this injury as a minimal issue)

Regarding Lucas. A great deal will also depend on how his hip is feeling.

Are the Fins seriously looking at Aikman? Who is the #3 QB there now?
Favre and Gb can afford 1 or 2 TOs, but I cannot see the Phins overcoming a -2 TO ratio unless we get ST points; so that is the key particularly after our -6 performance on ast Sun.

Aikman will not happen since Jay will be back before Troy w/b ready to play. Our #3 QB is Dave Dickerson - former CFL MVP and former out of work NFL QB.

I would look at Aikman. The way Lucas played, I can't imagine him if he's hurt. That is like Ryan Leaf bad. And our two backups, Sage Rosenfels and Dave Dickinson, haven't thrown an NFL pass ever combined.

Remember, I believe in the off-season that Wannstedt said signing Carter was not an option, but then he changed his mind.

By the way, Lucas is number 6, not number 8. And, we did look better on paper against Buffalo. We were favored by 4 1/2 I think it was.

Originally posted by fin-atic
The following facts are to provide hope for Fin fans. They are not a slam against the Pack. I repeat I am NOT slamming the Pack. I like Green Bay and thier fans. I just want us to win!

-Green Bay has not beaten a team with a winning record this year
-Green Bay rush defense is ranked number 22, Miami run offense is ranked number 5.
-Carolina took the Pack to the wire in Green Bay. Pack won 17-14 but we are way better than Carolina.
-Packs only loss is to the only team with a winning record. New Orleans. It wasn't even close 35-20. Mcallister 21 rushes 123 yrds.

I got no problem with your post, but I gotta respond, that's what this is all about after all.

First, note that New England and Carolina both had winning records when the Packers played them, in fact Carolina was undefeated before meeting the Packers. They are not the same team now that they're down to their 3rd QB. Also, the Bears were at .500 when the Packers played them and slaughtered them at home.

As far as our defense, we are ranked low, but they are also on the rise. Our first three games were terrible, but since then have moved up steadily. Last week alone our D went from 19th to 12th. They kept the Skins out of the endzone, something the Saints couldn't do.

Don't mean to dash your hopes or anything, just standing up for my team. ;)

Back
Top Bottom