Dolphins: Fiedler to keep starting job | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins: Fiedler to keep starting job

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Dolphins: Fiedler to keep starting job
Wannstedt already coming to Fiedler's defense, you say? We were extremely disappointed in Fiedler last week. We had high hopes against the Jaguars, but he was awful. He'll get at least one more game to prove he can take this team to the playoffs, but his leash is short. By the way, Brian Griese is completely healthy.

This same headline is going to be news every week, it doesn't matter if Jay plays poorly or plays well, the media will release a "Jay will start next game" thing because we have Griese as our backup.

People, Fiedler is not THAT bad. He's the perfect type of QB for our offense.

He has thrown for 885 yards... the league average is only 524. He has thrown 5 TD's... the league average is only 3.
He has a 74.2 QB rating... the league average is 78.1.

He is definitely not top 10 material as far as QB's go, but he wins games. I don't like or trust Griese, so I'm hoping that Fiedler keeps his job.

Originally posted by KYPhinFan

He has thrown for 885 yards... the league average is only 524. He has thrown 5 TD's... the league average is only 3.

He is definitely not top 10 material as far as QB's go, but he wins games. I don't like or trust Griese, so I'm hoping that Fiedler keeps his job.

:up: Good post!

Don't confuse the issue with numbers. ;)

Originally posted by MacAttack
<---- Getting excited in the Pants. . .

What if I told you this was a fantasy football article.....

He is definitely not top 10 material as far as QB's go, but he wins games.

Funny how Fiedler is getting credit for these wins.. Last I remember, the defense has been outstanding the finally 3 games.. The way Miami's defense played the last 3 games, Miami would of blown out opponents with an average QB..

I've supported Fiedler every single year he's been here and I also gave him the benefit of the doubt against the Giants because I felt the Giants defensive rankings were very misleading.. After seeing Fiedler against the Jaguars, it reminded me of how much I hated Fiedler after the Patriots game in Week 17 last year when he could not make a play when the defense was struggling and Ricky was struggling..

It's easy for a QB to do well when the run game and defense is playing lights out..

LOL. I was really hoping the "fun in pants" guy would shoot back with a gem. :lol:

Fiedler just needs more time to throw the football. I feel that he is still a good leader for this football team and I can't be swayed from this. If you guys want Grieser so bad why not get a petition going and send it to the Dolphins staff telling em' to replace Jay?

Rick Kamla

If you ask me, it’s no coincidence that Jay Fiedler had his worst game of the season in Brian Griese’s first game as the backup quarterback. Fiedler threw for 147 yards and no touchdowns against the Jaguars, who came into the game allowing the most touchdown passes in football. Dave Wannstedt came out Tuesday defending Fiedler, which is not a good sign. All I know is this: If Fiedler struggles against the Patriots this week, the soft rumors may morph into hard news. …
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=fanball-afcnotebookstevesmcn&prov=fanball&type=fantasy

I still see Wanne living or dying w/Jay no matter what we think

Re: Rick Kamla

Originally posted by dolphan39
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=fanball-afcnotebookstevesmcn&prov=fanball&type=fantasy

Based on past history, I have to agree with you dolphan39.

BUT, this year we have a very capable backup who can throw.
I do think Wannstedt gave Jay a vote of confidence this week, but it was only because of the win. If we have lost that jaguars game, I think Jay would be on an even shorter lease. But I hate when Wannstedt said "he thinks Jay will improve". HE CAN'T IMPROVE!! He's as good as he will get.

I think one more mediocre or bad game and we see
Griese. Norv Turner must be rolling around in his grave and he isn't even dead yet. I would love to see his expression everytime he calls a deep pass and Fiedler overthrows again. Turner has to be pulling Wannstedt's ear for a change.

Re: Rick Kamla

Originally posted by dolphan39

Maybe last year...not this year. Wanny knows his job is on the line. One loss, maybe two at the most attributable to Fiedler and Griese will be behind center.

Re: Re: Rick Kamla

Originally posted by BATMAN
I hate when Wannstedt said "he thinks Jay will improve". HE CAN'T IMPROVE!! He's as good as he will get.

Actually, he had shown improvement over the last three years. This year is a downturn, but I think he can turn things around yet this year.

Originally posted by RikWriter

Maybe last year...not this year. Wanny knows his job is on the line. One loss, maybe two at the most attributable to Fiedler and Griese will be behind center.

Agreed, and I would probably say one loss would do it -- provided it was attributable to Fiedler.

Back
Top Bottom