Dolphins Free Agent targets | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Free Agent targets

That's what my crystal ball is showing, a '24 dip and then chance in '25 if we make an awful lot of right moves between now and then.

As far as trading up/trading down. I 90% agree that trading future picks to either move up or gain another pick(s) this year is not generally the way to go. However the caveat is that we only have 6 picks this year and 4 of them are 6th round or lower. Next year we already have all 7 rounds of our picks plus another 5th rounder so that's 8 picks already. If the FO were to let Wilkins/Williams walk for instance we likely will add another comp pick or two, likely in the 3rd to 5th round range as we do not look to be signing many FA's of our own this year.

If after FA but before draft we project ourselves at say 10 picks in 2025 and given we only have 2 premium picks this year and 4 low ones, well it's possible Grier would trade up or trade future picks for current picks just to even out the numbers, in body count, in dollars and in plugging holes we just can't go into this season without plugging.

I'd rather trade down from 21 to 25 or something and pick up an extra 3rd but it's possible the above scenario could play out depending on how many FA's we let walk.
Hunt should bring a pick too

I’m not sure how much better we’d be in 2025 cap wise. I believe Hill will account for like 50 mil and if we resign Tua he’ll be taking a chunk too
He'll get reworked in 25

Chidobe Awuzie

Awuzie was one of a series of slam-dunk free-agent acquisitions for the Cincinnati Bengals over the past few years, providing the team with a bona fide No. 1 outside cornerback for just $7.25 million annually. Awuzie tore his ACL in 2022, and the Bengals have used four Day 2 picks on defensive backs over the past two draft classes, which signals he should be testing out free agency once again. He returned to form nicely in 2023, though.

PlayerCoverage grade w/ no pressureCov. grade on throws in ≤ 3sForced incompletion rateSingle coverage gradeAPY as % of Cap at signing
Chidobe Awuzie80.279.915.6%65.6?

Chidobe Awuzie signed a 3 year, $21,750,000 contract with the Cincinnati Bengals, including a $4,500,000 signing bonus, $7,500,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $7,250,000.

Fan of Luvo but Tranquil is 🔥🔥🔥

Chidobe Awuzie

Awuzie was one of a series of slam-dunk free-agent acquisitions for the Cincinnati Bengals over the past few years, providing the team with a bona fide No. 1 outside cornerback for just $7.25 million annually. Awuzie tore his ACL in 2022, and the Bengals have used four Day 2 picks on defensive backs over the past two draft classes, which signals he should be testing out free agency once again. He returned to form nicely in 2023, though.

PlayerCoverage grade w/ no pressureCov. grade on throws in ≤ 3sForced incompletion rateSingle coverage gradeAPY as % of Cap at signing
Chidobe Awuzie80.279.915.6%65.6?

Chidobe Awuzie signed a 3 year, $21,750,000 contract with the Cincinnati Bengals, including a $4,500,000 signing bonus, $7,500,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $7,250,000.
he good, real good

Back
Top Bottom