"Dolphins Front Office Draws Mass Rebuke" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Dolphins Front Office Draws Mass Rebuke"

phinatic1399

Diehard Phinatic!
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/24459/dolphins-front-office-draws-mass-rebuke

A collection of Twitter reaction to news that the Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross had abandoned his pursuit of Stanford head coach Jim Harbaugh and would keep Tony Sparano:

Brian Hartline, Dolphins receiver: "Thank god!"

Dave Hyde, South Florida Sun-Sentinel columnist: "This loud, public, futile coaching search tops Jacksonville 62, Dolphins 7 as most embarrassing day in Dolphins history."

Judy Battista, New York Times reporter: "What an embarrassing display by Ross, Ireland and Harbaugh. Awful way to do business by all three. Good luck with this farce, Sparano."

Ray Ratto, Comcast SportsNet Bay Area columnist: "Tell the fans that this is why so many players do drugs. They have to see these people every single day."

Eric Stangel, "The Late Show with David Letterman" lead writer: "How is it that the Jersey Shore cast has shown better people skills than Miami Dolphins management?"

Hyde again: "They put a wrecking ball right through the off-season. Will be interesting to see what kind of an offensive coordinator comes now."

Albert Breer, NFL Network reporter: "Maybe I'm wrong, but I think Tony Sparano got himself a lot of fans the last four days. Plenty of NFL folks rooting for him."

Mike Freeman, CBSSports.com columnist: "The only winner in the Dolphins/Harbaugh fiasco: Tony Sparano. He kept his dignity."

David J. Neal, Miami Herald reporter: "How emasculated is Dolphins' Ross? Threw his best mack daddy rap w/sugar daddy $$$ and still have to slink back to what's waiting at home."

Bart Hubbuch, New York Post reporter: "Man, the Dolphins are one seriously dysfunctional organization. Jets fans should be thankful a Steve Ross-owned team is in their division."

Jim Trotter, Sports Illustrated writer: "ross gets heat for pursuing harbaugh w/o firing sparano. what about harbaugh interviewing w/ team that still has a coach?"

what a joke. we look like fools. Ross comes in and wants to do things his way and this is what we get. This is the beginning of the end.

All of the above need to take off their clown make-up... and all of us need to remember... these clowns are accountable to no-one... they are in it for the pubilicity ($$$) and how many hits they can claim on their employers web sites ($$$) and the all important world of twitter ($$$).... laughable....

These guys should get down on the ground and kiss the feet everyone employed in the NFL... without them these yahoo's are invisable....

I cannot shake the WTF just happened feeling. Just when you thought things couldn't get worse for Dolphin fans, this farce happens and the Dolphins are the laughing stock of the NFL right now. I'm fricken sick....God, I wish I didn't care about this team so much.

Now we are going to need several new positon coaches and a new OC...What coach in their right mind would want to come to this mess with a lame duck head coach? Not any of the high quality, respected coaches that we need.....Ugh, I just threw up....

Yep NFL laughingstocks. It's a mess!!!

Most embarrassing moment in sports history.

Yeh but no worries....all we need is a new OC and EVERYTHING will be fine. :rolleyes2:

Bleep outta here with that crap. This is gonna be a MESS!

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/24459/dolphins-front-office-draws-mass-rebuke

A collection of Twitter reaction to news that the Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross had abandoned his pursuit of Stanford head coach Jim Harbaugh and would keep Tony Sparano:

Brian Hartline, Dolphins receiver: "Thank god!"

Dave Hyde, South Florida Sun-Sentinel columnist: "This loud, public, futile coaching search tops Jacksonville 62, Dolphins 7 as most embarrassing day in Dolphins history."

Judy Battista, New York Times reporter: "What an embarrassing display by Ross, Ireland and Harbaugh. Awful way to do business by all three. Good luck with this farce, Sparano."

Ray Ratto, Comcast SportsNet Bay Area columnist: "Tell the fans that this is why so many players do drugs. They have to see these people every single day."

Eric Stangel, "The Late Show with David Letterman" lead writer: "How is it that the Jersey Shore cast has shown better people skills than Miami Dolphins management?"

Hyde again: "They put a wrecking ball right through the off-season. Will be interesting to see what kind of an offensive coordinator comes now."

Albert Breer, NFL Network reporter: "Maybe I'm wrong, but I think Tony Sparano got himself a lot of fans the last four days. Plenty of NFL folks rooting for him."

Mike Freeman, CBSSports.com columnist: "The only winner in the Dolphins/Harbaugh fiasco: Tony Sparano. He kept his dignity."

David J. Neal, Miami Herald reporter: "How emasculated is Dolphins' Ross? Threw his best mack daddy rap w/sugar daddy $$$ and still have to slink back to what's waiting at home."

Bart Hubbuch, New York Post reporter: "Man, the Dolphins are one seriously dysfunctional organization. Jets fans should be thankful a Steve Ross-owned team is in their division."

Jim Trotter, Sports Illustrated writer: "ross gets heat for pursuing harbaugh w/o firing sparano. what about harbaugh interviewing w/ team that still has a coach?"

I mean... who cares what these morons think.... they know nothing.... they are garbage-men... (no disrespect to the real garbage-men)...

I find them self important... arrogant... and so far down the food chain of respectability... they rank somewhere between.... Jeffrey Dalmer and Mike Tyson.... yes.

Once again, until I hear an official announcement from someone in the FO and not a reporter speculating (guessing) on what's really going on, and some REAL facts are shared on how this really played out, I'm withhold any judgement. I'm hoping we are not hearing the true story of how this is going down, as I'd be VERY disappointed on how low we've gone as an organization, but we'll just see what the real facts are.

No no guys....as the homers say.....guys guys settle down, this FO is fine, we just need an Oc.....you all are overreacting.....keep smoking that weed

Ross has put a black eye on this organization. If we keep Sparano we're incompetent. If we fire Sparano to hire Cowher we're desperate.

I applaud Ross for what he tried to do, but he done goofed. And he goofed badly.

Back
Top Bottom