Dolphins: Gadsden behind McKnight on depth chart | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins: Gadsden behind McKnight on depth chart

As i have posted before ...we have some serious problems at wideout right now.... I keep hearing all these guys saying dont worry but I think the worries are legit...Chambers has had 4 months to recover from ankle injury ,and still is nit healthy not to mention that an ankle injurie to a reciever is like a death blow ..Gadseden cant raise his arms!! I wont even get into arthritic toes that will always slow him more...and ward has had 3 bad injuries and 2 surgeries since he has come here...even alot of the young guys are hurting ...and all i get is dont worry they will be healthy come camp time ...well I dont see it ..if anything you guys are counting on chambers like he startewd last year or wasnt hurt ..he didnt start and he was hurt badat the end of the season ..this does not mean he is a sure fire starter this year ...Orande cant carry the load ..just like alot of players with huge heart but limited physical attributes ...Ward had a FEW good plays but nothing consistant...McKnight cant catch a cold ....I believe that we are going into the season with a false sense of security...we need a veteran wide out to come here and STAY HEALTHY!!!!!!! I can tell you i didnt care for the it will be alright crap when it wasnt last year and wont be this year ..unless by some good fortune we have NO injuries to our wideouts and that the ones hurt ,heal miraculously we will be in trouble just like last year ..does any body rememeber those last few games ? i do and i say get a clue!

I agree to a certain extent about our receivers.
I like our depth, but, do think that we need to add one proven veteran playmaker that we can count on to move the chains and be a threat in the red zone.
I don't think that we wil go into the regular season without picking up one of these type of players.
One thing that I do like is using McNight to start.
I am not his biggest fan, but, I would rather see him split outside in the base offense, than in the slot.
He has a problem getting off the LOS in the slot, but, can use more true speed on the outside.
This will be his make it or break it year with the fins.
If he is not more consistent than last year, and does not cut out his drops and fumbles, he won't be around in 2003.
Maybe Norv can get the best out of him.

Originally posted by badfoot
As i have posted before ...we have some serious problems at wideout right now.... I keep hearing all these guys saying dont worry but I think the worries are legit...Chambers has had 4 months to recover from ankle injury ,and still is nit healthy not to mention that an ankle injurie to a reciever is like a death blow ..Gadseden cant raise his arms!! I wont even get into arthritic toes that will always slow him more...and ward has had 3 bad injuries and 2 surgeries since he has come here...even alot of the young guys are hurting ...and all i get is dont worry they will be healthy come camp time ...well I dont see it ..if anything you guys are counting on chambers like he startewd last year or wasnt hurt ..he didnt start and he was hurt badat the end of the season ..this does not mean he is a sure fire starter this year ...Orande cant carry the load ..just like alot of players with huge heart but limited physical attributes ...Ward had a FEW good plays but nothing consistant...McKnight cant catch a cold ....I believe that we are going into the season with a false sense of security...we need a veteran wide out to come here and STAY HEALTHY!!!!!!! I can tell you i didnt care for the it will be alright crap when it wasnt last year and wont be this year ..unless by some good fortune we have NO injuries to our wideouts and that the ones hurt ,heal miraculously we will be in trouble just like last year ..does any body rememeber those last few games ? i do and i say get a clue!

Man, pessimism makes me worry! If any teams top 3 wideouts were ineffective due to injury, inconsistency, or whatever, the team would be in trouble! What can you do? The optimism (the, it'll be alright crap) is for your own good! To keep you from pulling your hair out, or getting stomach ulcers! I hear you though, you're just so intense, its almost funny! So, Im not gonna tell ya its gonna be alright, lets just hope for the best huh!:lol: :lol: :lol:

What better insurance then Chris Carter. We should hurry and sign him already.

Yea i guess i have a tendency to worry but with all the injuries it always makes me cringe when i hear that our guys are not completely healed after 4 months ...I will hope for the best and pray for us to sign that veteran...cc, mccardell,sounds better than tony martin and bert emanuel...lol

I hope we wait till June 1st and try to sign McCardell. If we can't get him, then we should settle for Carter.

I do believe I read somewhere that Wanne admitted to just being overly cautious with the new found star! Like you said ankle injuries to wide receivers are like castrations to rapists!

McKnight won't start if Gadsden is healthy. He has great hands and is a big/possession WR. McKnight is a starter only because Gadsden is out.

We shall see come training camp...but thats not the big issue...it's getting through preseason without losing anyone to major injury.

I like this news. Hope McKnight stays the starter. He's more of a game breaker. McKnight had more overthrown passes than drops last year. Combine the two and it doesnt look that good. But he was open alot.

Originally posted by Muck
McKnight won't start if Gadsden is healthy. He has great hands and is a big/possession WR. McKnight is a starter only because Gadsden is out.

I'd rather see Gadsden in the slot because if last year taught us anything it was that you need to put your "hands" guy in the slot and keep your speed on the outside. Not to mention Orende's got the bulk for the slot. McKnight was a trooper in the slot after getting his face busted up and needing plastic surgery. With Turners offense anyways we are going to be seeing a lot of 3 WR sets along with the FB/HB. I think the big loser in Turner's offense will be Ward as the 4th reciever.

Back
Top Bottom