Dolphins Gambling Question | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Gambling Question

kpcane said:
Unfortunately, i do bet with my heart, and it pisses me off sometimes. However I don't think the Phillies will win the pennant, but they had 26-1 odds, and I think they are starting to play much better, and they definitely have playoff potential, and anything can happen so....I keep my hopes up for my 1.2 mil
Odds like that are always enticing but theyre called longshots for a reason. It can be very hard to distance your feelings for your team so typically myself and a lot of the better gamblers i know dont bet on games that involve their own teams if they feel really strongly about them. Id suggest going that route.

kpcane said:
Ah yes my good friend...there are plenty of good betting websites. I like www.sportsinteraction.com

I have used it for football, basketball, and baseball games. I believe their odds for the fins to win the AFC east is 12 or 13 dollars to the dollar (i.e. bet 10 win 120 or 130). It's also good for parlays and teasers too. I'm sure there's other websites, but I really like that one and recommend it. Just don't get too carried away.

I've used sportsinteraction.com and playersonly.com

Boik14 said:
Odds like that are always enticing but theyre called longshots for a reason. It can be very hard to distance your feelings for your team so typically myself and a lot of the better gamblers i know dont bet on games that involve their own teams if they feel really strongly about them. Id suggest going that route.

Most of the time that's what I do, it's just that this bet had such a huge payout, and it's only 5 bucks. Of course if I put 50 on it, that would have been a little stupider, though the payout woulda been 12 mil.

igor79 said:
that is unless you dont mind losing the money

the money i spent today i expect to lose, but i did it just to route for the phins....

let me tell you about a bet i didnt win...

i own about 10,000 dollars in stock that my parents have been saving for me for years. a while ago I was reading about how price line had dropped its stock price from 150+ dollars a share down to less than 2 a share. I tried to get my dad to put my money into priceline at 2 a share....he didnt, and I didnt really hassle him about it.

the stock is now worth 24 dollars a share... i would have made 110,000 dollars........

augh
Damn that sucks. I guess everyone has stories like that though. I had a 10 team parlay last year around week 11 and I missed winning it by a few pts when the Jags -3 lost to Tenn 18-15. I was irate. If they had tied the spread i still would have gotten paid for 9/9 and instead they gave a FG in OT

kpcane said:
Most of the time that's what I do, it's just that this bet had such a huge payout, and it's only 5 bucks. Of course if I put 50 on it, that would have been a little stupider, though the payout woulda been 12 mil.
Well good luck. hope you win em all if the mets cant win the WS.

Boik14 said:
Well good luck. hope you win em all if the mets cant win the WS.

I'll buy you a mets jersey if I win.

My mom lives in port st. lucie, and I get to see the mets in spring training almost every year. I don't dislike the mets, I just don't want them to win during the regular season, cuz ya know I gotta root for my phils. Either way, it should be a dogfight in the NL east this year, and sadly I think the marlins are gonna take it.

Update...
Friend just got back from Vegas.
30-1 for the AFC
65-1 Super Bowl
at the Flamingo

kpcane said:

That's what I do with most of my bets. It doesn't hurt to put a few bucks on a team when the payout would be huge.

Just some information regarding internet Gambling sites.....

Not to burst anyones bubble...
But you have to be careful what website that you use.

Some Credit cards will not allow Internet Gambling charges to be approved. I know for a fact that my credit card issuer declines these transations no questions asked.
The major reason for this is the US Patriot act. They are not sure who owns these "Offshore" website.
You have to be careful that YOUR Money goes to fund any terrorist causes.

I personally had a friend visit vegas and placed a few "future" bets for me.

Just a little heads up.

kpcane said:
I'll buy you a mets jersey if I win.

My mom lives in port st. lucie, and I get to see the mets in spring training almost every year. I don't dislike the mets, I just don't want them to win during the regular season, cuz ya know I gotta root for my phils. Either way, it should be a dogfight in the NL east this year, and sadly I think the marlins are gonna take it.
Cool, ill hold you to that. Since I just got a david wright jersey as an early birthday gift you can get me a Jose Reyes jersey if by some miracle the phils win. :D

Back
Top Bottom