Dolphins @ Giants: Statement Game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins @ Giants: Statement Game

Penthos

Am I on speaker phone?
Reaction score
This is the type of game the Dolphins of the past several years would lose...

Can the defense show up against a good offense on the road?

Can the team maintain the needed focus and intensity after a big win and a bye week?

Where in the past the answer to both of these questions has almost always been "NO"... If the Phins can manage to finally answer with a resounding "YES", it would go miles toward making a huge statement as to the legitimacy of this team. I don't mean in the eyes of the media, who cares about them, they are tools. I just want to know for myself...

Yes, it would make a hell of a statement if they can win this game.
Can they?
I'm from Missouri.

They need to win that game on the road.

Is it a statement ? I don't know. Winning against Buffalo and NE in december will be, but against the Giants I would wait before calling that a statement.

If they go there, shut them out and win by 30 points it will be a statement.

Originally posted by FinsGoToGuy
...If they go there, shut them out and win by 30 points it will be a statement.

Thats kind of what I meant when I said "answer with a resounding YES"...

Scraping by will not really do anything for me team confidence wise... What I want to see is them BEAT DOWN a good team on the road... That's the statement I wan't to see.. Otherwise you are right GoToGuy.

to me every game is a statement. To go 13-3 is much better than going 10-6. To get home field throughout the playoffs is special. Is this a statment game? that is an understatement. We need to win on the road right? isnt that what everyone was saying? I need to see if this defense is for real and not just homers. I need to see if JF isnt going to Fup. I need to see if everyone stays healthy. I need to see execution and chambers/mcmike have great consistancy. I need to see wannstedt not get outcoached. I need to see a punter who can actually punt. I need to see Phil simms choke on a piece of microphone!:D

To be honest, I just want a win. I don't care if it's resounding or not. The team had just two road victories all of last year, so that would be matched already only a quarter of the way through the season. So sure, a beat-down would be nice, but any kind of victory over a quality opponent on the road is enough for me.

This is definitely going to be a statement game for the Giants, if they win this game it will do wonders for their confidence and will legitimize them as true Super Bowl contenders.

Welcome, Giantsfan!

The Giants have been my "NFC Team" since the early 1980's when they went 3-13. They have an exciting team this year, particularly at the skill positions on offense. But their O-line is such a mess that I don't see them going that far.

Originally posted by zachseau13
Welcome, Giantsfan!

The Giants have been my "NFC Team" since the early 1980's when they went 3-13. They have an exciting team this year, particularly at the skill positions on offense. But their O-line is such a mess that I don't see them going that far.

Thanks for the welcome.

I don't think our OLine is as bad as people think it is, we still have some very solid starters from last year and thankfully Ian Allen has not played a down of Football since week 1.

We also have who many consider to be the best OLine coach in the league (Jim McNally) and he really continues to amaze me with what he can do with guys with little to no experience, last year alot of people forget that we had 4 new starting lineman and another who was going to be playing a new position, edit} BTW those 4 new starters had the combined experience of 16 games, pretty pathetic huh?

Yet we held it together, Tiki had over 1,300 yards rushing and Collins was among the lowest QB's in the league to be sacked.

Each week that the guys on this line play together is another week to gel and play better, thus far we have only been getting better, although we have yet to face a DLine like the Dolphins.

Anything can happen in the course of a year, but I'm not as worried about our line as I was before the season started or even after the first week.

Last edited by a moderator:
well if we win on the road against a contender in the NFC its huge doesn´t matter if it is by 3 or 30 points, a close game would be even better i guess to see how these guys perform , when they have to, i like the giants too, but not this weekend.....

Back
Top Bottom