Dolphins got screwed with the realignment | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins got screwed with the realignment

FinfanInBuffalo

Perennial All-Pro
Club Member
Reaction score
Its obvious that the schedule makers have decided to make the Dolphins play at least two games every Dec on the road in the division. For the second consecutive year, the Fins had to travel to NE and Buffalo at the end of the year. Weather factored heavily in the losses to NE this year and Buffalo last year.

Dallas and Miami are the only two teams in the league that are so geographically separated from the other teams in their division. Miami should have been moved to the AFC south. I said it when the divisions were announced and I'm more convinced of it now.

I think it puts Miami at a distinct disadvantage. I'll be tracking the schedule each year to determine if they consistently play 2 of the three division road games in December. If it were truely fair, that wouldn't happen every year. So far the NFL is 2 for 2 in screwing the Dolphins.

how true ! can you really get any further south than miami.i know they wanted to keep the rivalries going but we could still play the teams. after all we have played the colts ever since they got pulled.they have some thing about a warm weather team playing in the cold im convinced of it.

The Dolphins stayed in the AFC East because of their rivalries with teams like the Jets. It would have been dumb to get rid of such strong rivalries.

If the Dolphins went to the AFC South instead of Indianapolis, they could have developed good rivalries with the Jags and Titans, but it made more sense to put Indianapolis in that division.

The Dolphins do get screwed by the schedule makers. I don't think we should be forced to play 2 cold weather games every year. I think having to play one would be fair, but I don't think that all of our December road games should be in cold weather locations.

Or they could just try playing good football in December regardless of the current temperature. That might help.

It's also interesting to note that the kind schedule makers granted the PATSIES 3 home games in December and all 4 are played in the Northeast.

Hmmm.... I wonder what there home record is...

Originally posted by IvoryAsh
Or they could just try playing good football in December regardless of the current temperature. That might help.

Must be nice to wander through life with all the answers.

To think that scheduling and weather conditions don't impact football games is naive.

I realize that the simple solution is to just put together an unbeatable team, but since we don't live in your fantasy world, we are left to lament the realities of ours.

BTW, wether they play well or not, they are still getting screwed.

Originally posted by FinfanInBuffalo
Its obvious that the schedule makers have decided to make the Dolphins play at least two games every Dec on the road in the division. For the second consecutive year, the Fins had to travel to NE and Buffalo at the end of the year. Weather factored heavily in the losses to NE this year and Buffalo last year.

Dallas and Miami are the only two teams in the league that are so geographically separated from the other teams in their division. Miami should have been moved to the AFC south. I said it when the divisions were announced and I'm more convinced of it now.

I think it puts Miami at a distinct disadvantage. I'll be tracking the schedule each year to determine if they consistently play 2 of the three division road games in December. If it were truely fair, that wouldn't happen every year. So far the NFL is 2 for 2 in screwing the Dolphins.

And they will continue to do this until the Dolphins win in cold temp on the road in December. Remember when Tampa couldn't beat Philly in Philly? Since Tampa's last two vitories in Philly. We wont be seeing a rematch of the NFC championship too soon.

we can tell what they are thinking when the schedule it out this april.if we have the same old **** this year then we will know.as for the patsies you are right sounds like a farce to me.we will never have 3 home games in dec and it is bullsh!!

Re: Re: Dolphins got screwed with the realignment

Originally posted by BuchanonForPrez

And they will continue to do this until the Dolphins win in cold temp on the road in December. Remember when Tampa couldn't beat Philly in Philly? Since Tampa's last two vitories in Philly. We wont be seeing a rematch of the NFC championship too soon.

Thats my point. The schedule should not be based upon setting up teams to lose. They should have a formula that over time evenly distributes where the games are played.

Two years in a row traveling to NE and Buff in Dec is BS, plain and simple.

The truth is that it is done to promote ticket sales, to get sellout and local TV coverage of the games. Buffalo would not have sold out the last game if the team wasn't Miami.

Miami is destined to get screwed every year. That is why the regional alignment should have been followed.

its not just 2 in a row its been a long time look at the past 98 at new england and buffalo,00 at buffalo and new england,01 at new england,02 at new england and buffalo this year same **** every year in december we go there bullsh!t give us 3 division games at home for once.its got to where we dont need to see the schedule we know what it will be and thats sickning call me a crybaby but im freakin sick of it.

Buffalo was set up this year to sweep Miami in this season.. Buffalo went to Miami and played Miami on Sunday Night when the heat is not factor and Miami had to play in Buffalo in December..

Something should be done about this.. I guarantee Miami plays at New England in December next year because of Miami's loss up there this year.. Buffalo might not have the luxury next year.. Miami completely beat them up..

It's all about your stadium.

http://web.naplesnews.com/03/09/sports/d985091a.htm

Read number 7 of the 10 things to watch for. Check the schedules since 97 when the Marlins first got into the Series.
I read somewhere else the NFL has to schedule two division opponents here early so if the marlins are in the playoffs the games can be switched to the other teams site. Since the Jets and Giants play in the same stadium the Jets are out. Colts left the division so that leaves Patriots and Bills.

Seems there should be another way but expect to see the same schedule next year....and the next year

Like some of you have stated before, Football is a business and its set to produce an income. This being ticket sales, marketing sales for the networks (in this case the December swoon controvery).

Until the team shows and wins 3 out of 4 in December, the network and the NFL will not release the Finz from playing in the northeast in December. It's just too good of a publicity issue to sell their product.

GOOO FIIINZ

:cooldude:

i can i could have seen them once a year guarenteed piss on the rivalrey plus it would mean no december bullsh!! its cold here in tenn in december but nowhere near the conditions in new england and buffalo in december.plus indy is in a dome and the jags are in florida so the schedule makers would have been screwed what could they do to us then the answer is nothing.rudebyallmeans is probably right we will be in new england in december next year and probably buffalo to it would not surprise me and is bullsh!! as well.

Back
Top Bottom