Dolphins got screwed with the realignment | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins got screwed with the realignment

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
Buffalo was set up this year to sweep Miami in this season.. Buffalo went to Miami and played Miami on Sunday Night when the heat is not factor and Miami had to play in Buffalo in December..

Something should be done about this.. I guarantee Miami plays at New England in December next year because of Miami's loss up there this year.. Buffalo might not have the luxury next year.. Miami completely beat them up..

The Dolphins have always played very well during night games, it was set up for the Dolphins and Bills to split the season series this year.

I think when they scheduled the Dolphins in Buffalo in December, they expected the Dolphins to lose.

He is right but not for the reasons he thinks. It is the stadium,dude.

When the 2003 schedule came out it seemed to me the Dolphins were always playing the second division game away in the cold weather. So I went to the offical Dolphin site and scheduled the second games with NE, Bills and Jets since 1990. It's much easier to see when lined up in three columns but I couldn't do that here so I put the away games in bold.

In 1997 all the second games were in Miami. For 5 years 1998 to 2002, 3 out of 5 years Two of the three second games were away games with all three in 2002 played away.

BTW isn't the World Series played in October???

New England

10/18/90 -- at Miami 17, New England 10

11/10/91 -- at Miami 30, New England 20

12/27/92 -- Miami 16, at New England 13 (ot)

01/02/94 -- at New England 33, Miami 27 (ot)

10/30/94 -- Miami 23, at New England 3

11/12/95 -- New England 34, at Miami 17

11/03/96 -- at New England 42, Miami 23

11/23/97 -- New England 27, at Miami 24
12/22/97 -- New England 14, at Miami 12

11/23/98 -- at New England 26, Miami 23

11/21/99 -- at Miami 27, New England 17

12/24/00 -- Miami 27, at New England 24

12/22/01 -- at New England 20, Miami 13

12/29/02 -- at New England 27, Miami 24 (ot)

Buffalo

12/23/90 -- at Buffalo 24, Miami 14

11/18/91 -- Buffalo 41, at Miami 27

11/16/92 -- Buffalo 26, at Miami 20

12/19/93 -- Buffalo 47, at Miami 34

12/04/94 -- Buffalo 42, at Miami 31

12/17/95 -- at Buffalo 23, Miami 20

12/16/96 -- at Miami 16, Buffalo 14

11/17/97 -- at Miami 30, Buffalo 13

11/01/98 -- at Buffalo 30, Miami 24

11/14/99 -- at Buffalo 23, Miami 3

12/03/00 -- Miami 33, at Buffalo 6

01/06/02 -- at Miami 34, Buffalo 7 (1991)

12/01/02 -- at Buffalo 38, Miami 21

New York Jets

11/11/90 -- Miami 17, at N.Y. Jets 3

12/22/91 -- N.Y. Jets 23, at Miami 20 (ot)

12/20/92 -- at Miami 19, N.Y. Jets 17

11/07/93 -- at N.Y. Jets 27, Miami 10

11/27/94 -- Miami 28, at N.Y. Jets 24

10/22/95 -- at N.Y. Jets 17, Miami 16

12/22/96 -- Miami 31, at N.Y. Jets 28

11/09/97 -- at Miami 24, N.Y. Jets 17

12/13/98 -- N.Y. Jets 21, at Miami 16

12/27/99 -- N.Y. Jets 38, at Miami 31

11/19/00 -- N.Y. Jets 20, at Miami 3

11/18/01 -- N.Y. Jets 24, at Miami 0

11/10/02 -- at N.Y. Jets 13, Miami 10

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by NE Matt
It's all about your stadium.

http://web.naplesnews.com/03/09/sports/d985091a.htm

Read number 7 of the 10 things to watch for. Check the schedules since 97 when the Marlins first got into the Series.
I read somewhere else the NFL has to schedule two division opponents here early so if the marlins are in the playoffs the games can be switched to the other teams site. Since the Jets and Giants play in the same stadium the Jets are out. Colts left the division so that leaves Patriots and Bills.

Dude that makes no sense. If they were worried about conflicts why not just schedule the home games in Dec? That way they wouldn't have to switch if there is a conflict.

The reason is ticket sales in Buffalo and NE.

Originally posted by FinfanInBuffalo

Dude that makes no sense. If they were worried about conflicts why not just schedule the home games in Dec? That way they wouldn't have to switch if there is a conflict.

really im tired of its the staduim crap you are right.schedule those games at home in dec but they wont!! ticket sales,ratings,and bullsh!! is the reason just wait we will get it in the rear end again this year watch.

New England is going to sell out one way or another. It doesn't matter who they are playing because they don't sell tickets to individual games (they have a season ticket holder for every seat in their stadium).

Buffalo, on the other hand, can have trouble selling out home games. They probably would not have sold out their last game if they weren't playing the Dolphins.

Originally posted by tenndolfan
really im tired of its the staduim crap you are right.schedule those games at home in dec but they wont!! ticket sales,ratings,and bullsh!! is the reason just wait we will get it in the rear end again this year watch.

Okay, and we have home games in Sept. when it is hot and humid. They are not exactly going to make the schedule so it can favor the Miami Dolphins. Why not have 1 home game in Sept and 3 Home games in Dec? Just to switch up. It is not like they are doing it to torture us, we do have our advantage at beginning of the year.

Quit yer whining..........look at the 70s and most of the 80s.......how often did Miami play in Buffalo in Dec? :shakeno:

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Quit yer whining..........look at the 70s and most of the 80s.......how often did Miami play in Buffalo in Dec? :shakeno:

YOU should know a lot about "WHINING" clumpy .....

:wave:

Marino1983

I agree with winning in cold climates. If you are a champion you win where ever you line up. Miami has to dominate the AFC before they can go to the next level.

But, I'm not stupid enough to not see that the league may have a bone with Miami. I know that the years when Shula controlled the rules committee there was resentment towards Miami. The comment about Miami playing in Sept having an advantage is not true. It gets just as hot in NE and Buffalo in August and Sept and a lot of these players train in the south. They train all summer and it is hot all over the US. You are conditioned for it no matter where you live. The heat in Miami is not near the advantage for Miami as playing up north in sub freezing temps. How can a Miami player get conditioned to those conditions. Me personally, I am sick to death of Miami being a whipping boy. Look at how many commercials that use Miami fans as butts of jokes. One of my favorite is the Miami fan in Buffalo driving around in the snow with his old car with Dolphin signs on it and Buffalo people hurling snow balls at him and then the pit bull growling at him when he reaches down to pet him. The league is laughing their *** off at Miami. I am tired of it.

Its obvious that the schedule makers have decided to make the Dolphins play at least two games every Dec on the road in the division. For the second consecutive year, the Fins had to travel to NE and Buffalo at the end of the year. Weather factored heavily in the losses to NE this year and Buffalo last year.

Dallas and Miami are the only two teams in the league that are so geographically separated from the other teams in their division. Miami should have been moved to the AFC south. I said it when the divisions were announced and I'm more convinced of it now.

I think it puts Miami at a distinct disadvantage. I'll be tracking the schedule each year to determine if they consistently play 2 of the three division road games in December. If it were truely fair, that wouldn't happen every year. So far the NFL is 2 for 2 in screwing the Dolphins.

It also sucks that the Bucs had to play in cold weather places the year they won the SB.

Originally posted by FinFan4Life814
dude, the league has it out for the Fins....thats all there is to it.
:lol: If you sincerely believe this then...well I am not going to say anything.

Back
Top Bottom