Dolphins have targeted Hartline and Clemons as must re-signs | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins have targeted Hartline and Clemons as must re-signs

Clemons for 3.5M is a good deal if he continues to improve. He is a starter and is young. Not sure about Hartline if he is asking 6-7M. I dont think he is worth that much. Maybe 5M tops per year. I would rather sign Jennings and draft 2 WRs if he is asking too much.

So Richard Marshall is worth almost 5M per but you wouldn't pay Clemons 3???? Every team has bad contracts however keeping your safeties together long term can only help. We didn't give up many big plays this year, due to the safeties. They aren't the greatest ball hawks but damn man, don't open up another hole.

Now I am not saying Clemons and Hartline will end up like that, what i am saying is they do NOT Warrant 3mill to clemons and 6 mill to hartline. I think at least 2 INT in yoru season is required to at least get $3 mill for crying out loud and at least more tahn 1 TD, but hey, WE ARE MIAMI SB BOUND WITH 43 mill and 5 picks !! YE-HAWWWW

In that case, we are in agreement. They should not be overpaid. With that said, what if they are signed to team friendly deals like Cameron Wake and Paul Solai? They both signed for far less than they would have received in the open market. We have like 8 starting positions that we need to fill.

If the reports are true about hartline asking for 7-8M per, i think the only option you have is to let him walk. You still have Matthews and bess. Sign two big name wide outs and draft Patterson at 12. Jennings, Wallace, Patterson, bess, Matthews. That may be the best wr set in the league. Move back into the later part of round one to draft ertz and we have an offensive force next year.

Consistently not the type of players you find starting on Super Bowl contenders. I agree. :lol:

Oh, well. Who could expect different, after five years? I laugh that I do not weep. Then I weep. Then I drink.

who was the 49ers #2 receiver? Oh o.k...

The two I have the least interest in. Hah. At least they're consistent.
I have to applaud you CK, at least you are consistent. I remember you giving the Dolphins a "F" grade for the Brian Hartline pick in your draft recap in 2009 and blasted him for being too "gangsta" for the team. Not surprised that you still don't like him even after a 1,000 yard season, after all you projected him as a special teams player in the NFL.

Sorry but Clemons is in no way, shape or form the best Safety in the nfl. I don't care what dumb stats you can come up with

The article STATES that Clemons has allowed the least amount of touchdowns and 1st downs combined
Not sure how you made the jump to THE BEST SAFETY IN THE NFL.

I believe what may be dumb is jumping to conclusions that were never implied

I am concerned still about what the plan is at corner. However, I think Long's best days are behind him. Bush is replaceable. I am not a fan of Starks' age. Losing Smith bothers me some. However, that is why I need to know the plan at CB.

Hartline is must for me to come back and I like the idea of Clemons for continuity in the back end.

Other FA's like Fasano and Garner can be filled in for cheap.

Consistently not the type of players you find starting on Super Bowl contenders. I agree. :lol:

Oh, well. Who could expect different, after five years? I laugh that I do not weep. Then I weep. Then I drink.

That's exactly right.

(Randy Moss - to the person who asked)

I am concerned still about what the plan is at corner. However, I think Long's best days are behind him. Bush is replaceable. I am not a fan of Starks' age. Losing Smith bothers me some. However, that is why I need to know the plan at CB.

Hartline is must for me to come back and I like the idea of Clemons for continuity in the back end.

Other FA's like Fasano and Garner can be filled in for cheap.
For cheap I bring them all back. For moderate I bring most of them back but for elite money I let them all walk

The article STATES that Clemons has allowed the least amount of touchdowns and 1st downs combined
Not sure how you made the jump to THE BEST SAFETY IN THE NFL.

I believe what may be dumb is jumping to conclusions that were never implied
Still a meaningless stat nonetheless. Sean Smith lines up next to Clemons and is the most targeted DB in the nfl. Pretty easy not to give up 1sts and td's when they just throw after Smith all day. Lame stat.

I have to applaud you CK, at least you are consistent. I remember you giving the Dolphins a "F" grade for the Brian Hartline pick in your draft recap in 2009 and blasted him for being too "gangsta" for the team. Not surprised that you still don't like him even after a 1,000 yard season, after all you projected him as a special teams player in the NFL.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom