Dolphins History's Effect on Today's Phans? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins History's Effect on Today's Phans?

So Be

Club Member
Reaction score
I went to the Heat game yesterday, good win vs the Knicks, and hit a packed Pub on So Be to celebrate. Many were talking about the back to back titles, and looking for the Three-peat. Then, someone brought up the Dolphins back to back titles, and was politely ripped for living in the past. Canes and Marlins were brought in as well. Some comments, mostly from younger fans.

Dolphins- Ancient history, no one cares. I'm a fan because of Marino, not what happened 40 years ago. I was not even born when that happened, welcome to the present. That's like my grandfather telling me how it was to live way back when, don't care.

Canes- Bad ass. Kick ass, take no prisoners. Five Titles, coming out of nowhere. Had the wrong team playing on Sunday back then. We will be back.

Marlins- They suck a lot but, still won two World Series. Wish the Dolphins would have done the same.

Heat- Nothing but love and thanks, with Marino being "almost" as good as Le Bron.

I have no idea of the age of posters but, have to wonder if they feel the same.

This board has a mix of people who were around in the 70s and those who weren't. I turned 33 last week so my recollection of Miami really started in the early 90s. At that time Miami was Buffalo's bitch. I was alive for the 1984 Super Bowl but being 3 years old, I had no clue what football was.

The best Miami has been in the last 15 years was in the early 2000s. Everything since then has been completely average.

In regards to the NBA, only a handful of teams has won the title in the last 15 years: Miami, Boston, San Antonio, Detroit, Dallas and the L.A. Lakers. Not many teams get that far.

In regards to MLB, it's the usual suspects who make it to the World Series: St. Louis, Detroit, NY Yankees, Boston. How the Marlins won 2 I'll never know.

I don't blame kids or teens today to thinking Miami has been ****ty in the NFL for years. They wouldn't be lying. It's too bad though.

I was born in 1986, grew up watching the later years of no knees Marino. I loved Marino, but I loved the Dolphins more. I am more proud of the 1972 team than Marino. Marino will always be the best QB to me but I always hated his personality and the way he left(kind of bashed the Dolphins early on in his television career.) I bleed aqua and orange from beginning til the end but Marino, as well as the 1972 team, are a thing of the past and we need something to spark a new era of glory days.

This board has a mix of people who were around in the 70s and those who weren't. I turned 33 last week so my recollection of Miami really started in the early 90s. At that time Miami was Buffalo's bitch. I was alive for the 1984 Super Bowl but being 3 years old, I had no clue what football was.

The best Miami has been in the last 15 years was in the early 2000s. Everything since then has been completely average.

In regards to the NBA, only a handful of teams has won the title in the last 15 years: Miami, Boston, San Antonio, Detroit, Dallas and the L.A. Lakers. Not many teams get that far.

In regards to MLB, it's the usual suspects who make it to the World Series: St. Louis, Detroit, NY Yankees, Boston. How the Marlins won 2 I'll never know.

I don't blame kids or teens today to thinking Miami has been ****ty in the NFL for years. They wouldn't be lying. It's too bad though.

Agreed. The younger Phans are just looking for something to believe in, and it has not been there for many a year.

Don't forget the Canes who took South Fla by storm in winning 5 titles. Most of the country hated their attitude but, not here.

Nothing wrong with enjoying the past. I've been through a lot of good times with the Dolphins, but at the end of the day the anticipation for the next game brings more excitement for me.

I was born in 1986, grew up watching the later years of no knees Marino. I loved Marino, but I loved the Dolphins more. I am more proud of the 1972 team than Marino. Marino will always be the best QB to me but I always hated his personality and the way he left(kind of bashed the Dolphins early on in his television career.) I bleed aqua and orange from beginning til the end but Marino, as well as the 1972 team, are a thing of the past and we need something to spark a new era of glory days.

Yeah. something, anything to forget about the past 10-15 years. One, single playoff win would do it.

Grew up watching Danny's entire career.

One glorious day, I'll see our Dolphins hoist the Lombardi Trophy! I believe!!!

i must say i jumped on the phin bandwagon when Gus Frerotte was QB. cant say why its just when i started playing football and watching it and bought a cheap ricky williams jersey when he was suspended.

Born in 88. I adore Marino but it was the Thomas Taylor days that cemented me as a phan for life. They just arrived too late for Marino, damn legs. His arm could still be in the NFL.

Being 21 I was not old enough to watch Marino play.

I'm a fan mostly because I was brainwashed by my dad from birth. They have made the playoffs 2 times since I've been watching and lost both games.

Sometimes I wonder why Im even a fan but the heart wants what the heart wants. And i guess for me, that's mediocrity!

Nevertheless I ride or die, aqua & orange - til death do us part!

Born in 65 and the old man is a Raider fan so in the 70's the Dolphins and the Raiders were the games to watch.. So naturally(haha) I became a Dolphins phan... Sorry Pops....The Snake and four eye's... Great times..

Agreed. The younger Phans are just looking for something to believe in, and it has not been there for many a year.

Don't forget the Canes who took South Fla by storm in winning 5 titles. Most of the country hated their attitude but, not here.

I don't follow college football so I'll just have to believe you about the U.

Born in '78 so late 80's/early 90's were my teams.

I have two boys but neither can I seem to brainwash into liking this team. Oldest flat out says that the Dolphins suck and can't argue much since this team can't even make the playoffs now and then. Last time was what...'08.... 6 years ago?!?!

They are becoming San Fran fans not because of the recent real team success but actually because I have them hooked on Tecmo Bowl and the oldest likes to use the 49ers.

Born in 91. From Niagara Falls and just like my uncle hated everything about the Bills and I still do. I remember watching Marino in his later years but didn't understand it or what I was witnessing like I do now. Now I am just hoping for a playoff win.

I have been a dolphin fan since their first game.Been through the good the bad and the ugly.But as i always say i will be a dolphin fan if they are16-0 or 0-16.Love them no matter what.

Back
Top Bottom