Dolphins Hoping For Growth From Gesicki And Smythe. Here’s What They Have Changed | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Hoping For Growth From Gesicki And Smythe. Here’s What They Have Changed

AL R

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
The Dolphins know second-year tight ends Mike Gesicki and Durham Smythe are bigger. What’s not yet clear is whether they’re significantly better.

In an effort to improve their blocking, Gesicki boosted his weight from the low 240s at the starting of his rookie training camp to the low 250s now. Smythe’s jump was even bigger, from 243 to 261.

Both know that playing time won’t be gifted with a new coaching staff, not with three other veteran tight ends on the roster in potential starter Dwayne Allen, Nick O’Leary and Clive Walford. O’Leary might have been the best tight end through four days of camp. And Allen, who has missed all four days of camp recovering from an injury, likely will eat into both of the 2018 draft picks’ playing time — more so Smythe’s

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article231883633.html#storylink=cpy

Great, you've mentioned Gesicki by name in the title of a thread. This will now devolve into a Tannehill-like 30+ page thread of bickering and absurd animal comparisons.

Damn 18 lbs for smythe. Be real surprised if he’s not the primary tight end come 2020.

Dwayne Allen should be a one and done.

I've said my issue with Gesicki far too many times to repeat them here. I will say that everything I have seen about the kid is he is an extremely hard worker. He will bust his tail to get better. Smythe coming in over 260...excellent. Improvement is always good news...even is things like adding the right weight.

160302_em_dylan.jpg

...EVERYBODY must get swoll

This is the part of the article that I liked, and think a lot of fans on this site overlook about Mike Gesicki:

"per Pro Football Focus, he caught all 22 catchable balls thrown in his direction. The other nine balls (all incomplete passes) thrown in his direction were deemed by PFF to be not Gesicki’s fault."

Rooting for them both.

ND knows how to breed some tight ends, I’d really like to see Smythe develop into a dependable blocker and receiver. Not a flashy guy but just gets the job done. If he really added close to 20 pounds this offseason... wow.

I'm a Gelsicki fan, hope he is used right and often this year. Just to much speed and aestheticism for him to fail.

Back
Top Bottom