Dolphins interested in Arizona State's ILB Travis Goethel | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins interested in Arizona State's ILB Travis Goethel

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
Recently hired inside linebacker coach Bill Sheridan was at the Arizona State Pro Day Friday (wow, that's a lot of consecutive capitalized words) and a source tells me he was there primarily to lay eyes on ILB Travis Goethel.

Goethel is 6-2 1/2 and 238-to-240 pounds. Although originally believed to be a late-round type of player, Dolphins In Depth aspiring scout Chris Cordero tells me he has him graded in the fifth round.

The ASU Pro Day took place outdoors on grass, and Goethel ran the 40-yard dash in 4.58 and 4.62 seconds unofficially. He had a 9-2 on the broad jump, a 4.22-second short shuttle, a 6.71-second three-cone drill. He also did positional drills but there is no report on how he looked.

This is what Cordero thinks of Goethel:

"He is a solid tackler who can deliver some big hits. He has very good instincts and good read and react ability. Does a nice job in pass coverage as well. Has also been very durable and is a team leader. The only thing keeping him from being a high draft pick is average athleticisim and his lack of elite size -- although he did some work to dispel some of those athletic doubts at the Pro Day. I give him a high 5th round grade."

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...ll-sheridan-checks-out-ilb-at-arizona-st.html

Go Sun Devils...proud ASU grad in the house!!!!!

I'd probably go with Dexter Davis at DE before taking Goethel....they have a Guard named Shawn Lauvao who also might be worth a look, and WR Chris McGaha. ASU didnt have the best year and not that much talent.

Back
Top Bottom