Dolphins interested in Croyle, Green... other news... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins interested in Croyle, Green... other news...

Gonk

Active Roster
Reaction score
Here are some news bits that I haven't seen posted yet...

Dolphins | Saban believes loss to Browns changed team

Miami Dolphins head coach Nick Saban believes the team's loss to the Cleveland Browns during the 2005 season helped jump start the start. Saban said, "I was very pleased with 18 practices and six games to go how the attitude of the team really changed. People bought into it a little more and we had a little more success and the team chemistry got better. If that hadn't happened, that may never have occurred. That game contributed to a turnaround for our players. They saw themselves and they saw what they had to do to be what they want."

Miami met with QB Brodie Croyle, Auburn WR Anthony Mix, and Nebraska-Omaha WR Chris Denney during the Combine today. The Dolphins also met with LSU WR Skyler Green about possibly being their return man. Omar Jacobs also expressed interest in being drafted by the Dolphins.

wes has the agility fearlessness and great decision making to be an above average punt returner, but his kick off returns are subpar, we need some electrifying speed there, but i love wes as a punt returner and 3rd or better yet 4th wr

Our answer at quarterback is Drew Brees. We wont find our guy in the draft. If Croyle falls to our 2nd round pick, then you might have to take him. But he isnt the guy that can get us to the playoffs next year. And this team is a playoff team NOW! Brees is our guy.

As for the return man, i love wes and would hate to see him be replaced. the only thing i dont like is the TD returns. When was the last time we had a kick or punt return for TD?

skyler green, big pickup. omar jacobs, big pickup.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Our answer at quarterback is Drew Brees. We wont find our guy in the draft. If Croyle falls to our 2nd round pick, then you might have to take him. But he isnt the guy that can get us to the playoffs next year. And this team is a playoff team NOW! Brees is our guy.

As for the return man, i love wes and would hate to see him be replaced. the only thing i dont like is the TD returns. When was the last time we had a kick or punt return for TD?

Gus is our man for now and I'm backing 100%

I love Wes, but I was disappointed with his KRs last season for the most part.

Ricky False Postive?

Any other news on this?
I wouldn't doubt this guy is being targeted because of his past.
That why this whole process is in secret...now this guy if it's a false
positive...will continue you to get a bad rap...even though he's made
alot of progress.

I hope its all true for his sake.

Aqua4Ever04 said:

Kick: Game 16, 2004, @ Baltimore, Wes Welker.
Punt: Sometime when Jeff Ogden was here, I'm pretty sure he took one back and I don't remember any since.

man if we get omar and skyler we'd be set for the furture then we still can get breess

RWhitney014 said:
Punt: Sometime when Jeff Ogden was here, I'm pretty sure he took one back and I don't remember any since.

Right on both counts. Ogden returned a punt for 6 against Green Bay in 2000.

RWhitney014 said:

R u sure the Welker return wasn't a punt? I could have sworn it was.

claytonAndDuper said:
wes has the agility fearlessness and great decision making to be an above average punt returner, but his kick off returns are subpar, we need some electrifying speed there, but i love wes as a punt returner and 3rd or better yet 4th wr

You took the words right out of my mouth. Wes is a excellent PR but lacks that explosiveness for KR's. I would love to see FSU's Willie Reid as our KR/WR. He could could be a late round steal.:dolphins:

We're gonna talk to a lot of guys and it doesn't mean anything....we can't draft evetryone that we talk to so don't put too much into it...every team will talk to a lot of players like they do every year.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom