Dolphins interview with Fangio scheduled today | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins interview with Fangio scheduled today

I hate to say it, but with the current situation as it stands, I’d have to think it’s pretty unlikely Miami sways Fangio to the point where he agrees to terms with us before knowing if the Philly DC spot could be his.

Best case scenario for Miami is Philly losing this week and their current DC stays put. Coming to Miami is the 2nd most appealing job for him and I don’t think anyone could blame him for sticking with Philly if that’s how it plays out.

With that said, I do think it’s HUGE news that we seem to be the first team to interview him this offseason (as far as I know at least), and I like that we were able to get the interview relatively quick.

If Fangio ends up agreeing to terms before leaving the building, I hope some of the fans that have already turned on McD can see just how amazing that is for McD to pull off. It wouldn’t be easy and it would signal that one of the best DC’s if the last 10 years believes in this HC.

The BIGGEST reason I think McD will grow from his mistakes of the first year on the job is that this guy doesn’t need to surround himself with yes men in order to creat an echo chamber in which he’s never questioned. In fact, early on it seems like he thrives on bringing in great football minds regardless of their philosophies lining up or not.

Can I be first sir?
Please sir, me sir, sir can I be first, can I?

I've just had a Nostradamus moment, I predict..................

That despite winning every game but having given up an average of 14 points per game by November 23 the following will have been endlessly posted on FH by mainly 4 people
"I knew we should have taken ...................... instead of Fangio"
"Fangio Sucks"
"Fangio is clueless"
"Why does he persist playing that formation"
" If he was any good no one would score against us, we should be winning every game to 0"
"Sack Fangio"
"Its Griers fault for getting him, sack Grier"
"Sack McD its his fault"

When (not if) I'm proven correct I demand the title of FH Soothsayer

You have to think at his age, the Philadelphia opportunity is hard to pass for him, considering he lives so close. The flipside is most elderly people would love to live in Florida with the added bonus of his apparent friendship with McDaniel. I believe it’s a coin toss and if he leaves without a contract, I think that’s a very bad sign.

Back
Top Bottom