Dolphins K Greg Joseph Out To Win Open Competition With Jason Sanders | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins K Greg Joseph Out To Win Open Competition With Jason Sanders

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
joseph.jpg

Joseph hit 70 percent of his 82 field goal attempts at FAU, while Sanders made 71 percent on 35 tries. Both were very strong on kickoffs as well, according to Rizzi.

Rizzi, by the way, was the only NFL coach to put Joseph through a workout leading up to the draft and volunteered some helpful tips during that meeting in Boca Raton.

Joseph spent the last several months training and did some of that work in Jupiter with Parkey, who signed with Chicago as a free agent in March. That helped him tremendously, and he still refers back to some of the pointers he got in those sessions.

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...t-to-win-open-competition-with-jason-sanders/

Last edited by a moderator:
Rizzi is a good special teams coach. Gotta give him the benefit of doubt here. He has earned that.

This should be fun to see play out (rarely do we discuss "fun" and kickers). I've watched a decent amount of vids on Sanders and the kid is powerful so I see why Rizzi would want him, especially if he feels he can clean up the accuracy issues as many college kickers don't have the benefit of solely training kicking and do not have the long snapper and holder that an NFL team will have.

Hopefully the competition brings out the best in both players and we get a solid guy.

may the best man win.
not worried about kicker, they didn't sign Parkey until week 1 of the regular season last year

Just kick the damn ball.....that's their only job.

Wasn't high on Parkey after he missed three kicks against us in 2016 though it transpired that he was a Dolphins fan. Massive fail by the front office not resigning him mid season.

If he wins the competition, that draft pick for Sanders was wasted, I don’t care if it was just a 7th round pick.

Back
Top Bottom