Dolphins' Kenny Stills Listed As One Most Underrated Receivers In Nfl | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins' Kenny Stills Listed As One Most Underrated Receivers In Nfl

I love this guy. Constantly produces and great voice in the community. Our best receiever by far. I hope he remains a Dolphin for as long as possible. Every tall #1 receiver needs a fast # 2 reciever. He is that #2 but we have had no true #1 reciever this entire time.

Stills is a beast

surprised the Saints got rid of him. He has a great attitude and seemed to fit in with their offense pretty well.
The Saints were desparate for linebackers at the time, and Stills was still a young, unproven talent buried behind a deep receiving Corp.

I believe Stills was one the higher rated slot relievers in the NFL while in N.O.!

I think his rating and pay are pretty spot on. I think most people consider him a very good #2 WR which is exactly what he is. No more, no less.

Very overrated he's the Kiko of the offense
How do you get that? He's been reliable and will go up and get the ball when he has a chance. Open field he's very good at making people miss. Problem is when he catches the ball most times he doesn't have a chance to make anyone miss. Let's see what he does with QB's who throw him open.

He's played some good ball for us despite mediocre QB play. Good leader and conscientious person, one of my favorite current Dolphins. I think he and Rosen will get along well.

Soft as a pillow and easily replaceable... If we could get a 6th ship his ass out asap! Grant could easily replace his production and then some and despite being smaller is 10x the blocker soft ass stills is. Send him packing

Most of you probably can't pinpoint Still's failures. He has very few. If any of you ever been to a game you probably saw how wide open Stills often was. Not his fault the ball is hardly thrown to him.
While his blocking skills are mediocre (then again what WRs are great blockers) he has done enough to open up running lanes for RBs and receivers for short routes.

He is a good receiver, a terrific human being and a player who does not cause trouble on and off the field and he is a team first guy - never complaints.

Last edited:
Here is what Kelly had to say about Stills.

“Since entering the league as a fresh 21-year old in 2013, Kenny Stills is 26th in the NFL in total receiving yards. Stills has been a primary deep threat for the majority of his career, stretching defenses with speed and consistent finishes down the field. Over the past three seasons in Miami, despite sub-par quarterback play, Stills has turned over 8% of his targets into touchdowns. Stills is a big play machine but has developed the rest of his game over the course of his career, which has mostly gone unnoticed. That is the direct cause for him landing on the underrated list.” – Brad Kelly, The Draft Network

whole story here:
https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2...sted-as-one-most-underrated-receivers-in-nfl/
Stills is a watered down DeSean Jackson. Nice piece to have, but not an elite player. He is underrated to a degree, but I also understand why that is.

Breakout season? His best year was with New Orleans and he was still on a rookie deal when we traded for him. The Saints cleaned house that year, I bet in retrospect Kenny wishes he would have ended up elsewhere or stayed in NO than be here spinning his tires in Miami.

Since you basically replied with a rewording of your last post, should I do the same?

If he wanted to end up elsewhere, he would have: maybe you missed that he was a free agent. To address my comment about breakout season - yeah I stand by that. You could argue that one season when he had Drew Brees throwing him the ball on a good Saints offense and he got 900 yards and 3 TD's is better than when he had 730yards and 9 TD's on a shitty Dolphins team... but you would be wrong.

This really isn't worth the argument though. Solid player, solid off the field, and has a very reasonable contract. Put a good offense around him and he'd put up 9 TD's for you EVERY season.

Seems like a great guy, hard worker. On current events, seems like the bravest guy in the locker room. The guy has guts. I hope he stays a Dolphin for a long time, he deserves it. With consistent QB play, he could make some noise.

Well if Fitz starts I can see a bounce back year for Stills.
You know Fitzpatrick will definitely try to stretch the defense for better or worse.

Back
Top Bottom