Dolphins LB's | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins LB's

So Be

Club Member
Reaction score
Dansby is ranked #2 of all middle or inside LB's in the NFL by PFF this week. After a rough first game, he has played well, VG vs the run and above average in coverage. He has not missed a tackle in the first three games.

Butnett is #21 of 4-3 OLB. He has been good vs the run and average (BIG improvement from last year) in coverage. He has 4 missed tackles, which is not good.

Misi is #18 of 4-3 OLB. He has been great vs the run (#4) but has struggled in coverage. This is the first time, in his entire career, he has been asked to cover, and has done a few good things. Have to wait and see if he can improve. He has 5 missed tackles, which is disturbing.

Your opinions?

They've been for the most part solid. Huge liability against screen plays.

I think they're good enough to be the starting trio, but in the offseason, if there is a chance to upgrade we should take it.

They've been for the most part solid. Huge liability against screen plays.

I think they're good enough to be the starting trio, but in the offseason, if there is a chance to upgrade we should take it.

All three are under contract for next year. Where would you look to upgrade? I could see drafting a LB to compete with Burnett or, to develop for 2014. Some have also said that Misi would be VG in the middle.

well if we are drafting and Jarvis Jones is available, you take him. I also think guys like Manti Teo, Shane Skov,Mike Mauti, Gerald Hodges, and Arthur Brown among others gives us a bit more flexibility and athleticism.

well if we are drafting and Jarvis Jones is available, you take him. I also think guys like Manti Teo, Shane Skov,Mike Mauti, Gerald Hodges, and Arthur Brown among others gives us a bit more flexibility and athleticism.

I'm only familiar with a few. Are they MLB or OLB? Which ones are potentially good cover LB's?

Mauti, Skov, and Teo are are MLBs that have also played OLB and are all decent in coverage. I dunno about Brown, but Hodges is decent in coverage as well.

Back
Top Bottom