Dolphins Look To Unheralded Receivers To Catch On | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Look To Unheralded Receivers To Catch On

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
DAVIE (AP) - Hardly a day goes by that Greg Camarillo doesn't hear about the play that changed his career.
Camarillo's 64-yard touchdown catch in overtime against Baltimore gave the Miami Dolphins their only win in 2007 after an 0-13 start. Things haven't been the same since for him.
“I went from being a guy nobody knew to a guy everybody knew and loved,” Camarillo said.
The Dolphins aren't afraid to give a receiver a chance.
That's why they begin this season with a cast of relatively unproven receivers competing for spots behind former first-round pick Ted Ginn Jr.
Miami is counting on the blueprint followed by Camarillo and matched last season by another surprising undrafted rookie in Davone Bess will be enough to improve a position that lacked depth and consistency last season.
It's made for a wide-open receiver race.
“When you are going through this whole thing, you can get a little lost about what a guy has done in the past,” Dolphins coach Tony Sparano said. “You have to go by what you see right now, being as open-minded as you can.”
This pattern is how the Dolphins have been able to find hidden talent at receiver.
Camarillo had 55 catches last season, one shy of Ginn for the team lead. The problem was that Camarillo missed the last five regular-season games with a knee injury.
Miami needs several receivers to fill the gaps if it wants to improve on its 11-5 record. The competition is among players who are all fighting for roster spots.
Ginn, Camarillo and Bess are the only receivers that seem certain to make the roster. Rookies Patrick Turner and Brian Hartline are competing with Brandon London and Anthony Armstrong for the last two or three spots.
http://www.theweeklychallenger.com/News/article/article.asp?NewsID=98673&sID=41

Well we seem to have great luck with that so far. I think my hopes for Hartline might be just a little too high, I will be serioulsly let down if he does not pan out the way I think he does.

Back
Top Bottom