Dolphins Looking to draft............Vince Young? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Looking to draft............Vince Young?

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...phins26mar26,0,380996.story?coll=orl-dolphins

The Dolphins already have traded for one high-profile quarterback this offseason, but that hasn't prevented them from contemplating the selection of another in April's draft.

NFL draft analyst Gil Brandt said Saturday on Sirius Satellite Radio that the Dolphins have scheduled a visit with University of Texas quarterback Vince Young in South Florida on April 9 and 10.

It still seems unlikely that Young would be available when the Dolphins select at No. 16. But by lining up a pre-draft visit, it appears the Dolphins might ponder trading up to select Young if he slides like Green Bay quarterback Aaron Rodgers unexpectedly did in last year's draft.

Such a move wouldn't immediately impact Culpepper, as the Dolphins have shown they are willing to make a long-term commitment provided he can regain the form that made him one of the NFL's top quarterbacks in 2004. But it's understandable that the Dolphins would want to explore the option of selecting Young and grooming him for the future should the opportunity present itself.

Juan Cribbs said:
hmm, well we need a decent receiver to compliment chambers, so this could be a good pick.

Do people say this just to be an idiot or do they actually believe this?

Move him to WR? Not a good NFL QB? do you people even watch football?

im hoping this all a smokescreen by saban and mueller. i really dont want young here.

motioncityhifi said:
im hoping this all a smokescreen by saban and mueller. i really dont want young here.
I don't see what we would stand to gain by creating a smokescreen here. Maybe they think if he slides to 16 pretending to be interested would make a team trade up with us, but I don't see why a team would think we were interested and I don't see how we could be interested unless they think he can be a slash-type of player and be a WR and developmental QB. Other than that I don't get it.

Mr.305 said:
Move him to WR? Not a good NFL QB? do you people even watch football?

What is Football again I forget? Is that the one where you kick the ball into the fish net?

Vince is scheduled to visit to keep all options on draft day opened. He could be drafted to learn from Daunte what it takes to be an NFL QB. He could be drafted only to be traded later for more picks, another player or a combination of player and picks. Saban doesn't want to go into the draft without looking at everyone who could possibly be there when the team drafts.

Just like I posted in the other thread:

Vince Young will not be a Miami Dolphin. Trust me, I don't think Nick Saban is dumb enough to waste another pick on a quarterback and I'll be damned if he did (Traded a 6th for Cleo Lemon, and a 2nd on Daunte Culpepper), especially on a QB like Vince Young; a guy that if he is not drafted at number 10 in Arizona, then he will likely fall to the 20's-30's of the draft or even fall to the 2nd round.

Arizona would be the best fit for him with the offensive weapons they have. But they too might have doubts of Vince ever being a successful QB in the NFL. If Arizona passes on him, then he will end up falling down dramatically, probably even worse than Aaron Rodgers did in the 2005 draft.

Only reason why I see Vince visiting with Miami is for a possible "trade down" situation with a team that has a lower draft pick than us that might have some interest in Vince Young if he did in fact fell to the #16 spot. By trading down, we might get a low first rounder and possibly a 2nd rounder and more.

Vince just has too many question marks and not worth risking a first rounder to.

Skeet84 said:
What is Football again I forget? Is that the one where you kick the ball into the fish net?
No Skeet, that's baseball. Football is the one where they try to slide rocks down ice with brooms.

I definitely didn't expect a visit by Young, but I suppose it's good to keep all options open.

Back
Top Bottom