Dolphins moving down | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins moving down

fishypete said:
Since this is his first draft....how do we know how he operates? I'm sure if Tampa does want to trade up....they'll sweeten the pot with Simms.

If throwing in Simms "sweetens the pot" then why are they looking for a QB?

I think the Bucs want Braylon Edwards...not a QB. However...having them say a QB only helps us. Think about it...why would they trade a quality HIGH second or HIGH third to move up and take a QB when they just signed Brian, and have Simms? Why would they trade those pics to move up for R. Brown when Benson and Caddy are there too?

They are trading up for one reason...to nab the best player in this draft which is B. Edwards, and they know Chicago has their sights on him, and so does Minnesota.

Dolfan2788 said:
We are very eager to trade down but Saban has said that he will follow the Value Chart very closely in any trades for picks on draft day.

Everyone has to have a starting point for negotiations, Sabans words are what a smart man would say prior to commencing any deals.

Phintasy said:
I think the Bucs want Braylon Edwards...not a QB. However...having them say a QB only helps us. Think about it...why would they trade a quality HIGH second or HIGH third to move up and take a QB when they just signed Brian, and have Simms? Why would they trade those pics to move up for R. Brown when Benson and Caddy are there too?

They are trading up for one reason...to nab the best player in this draft which is B. Edwards, and they know Chicago has their sights on him, and so does Minnesota.

Because Simms hasn't developed and Griese is not a great quarterback.

Saban is the unknown and is playing it to the hilt... Let it play out... we have nothing to lose and everything to gain....

We are accepting rumors from a website who dont seem to be able to make a professional looking website? What the hell is with those banners every page?

Would you guys do a swap with TB including both of their 3rd rounders this year (#71 & #91) and next years 2nd rounder? I would like it to be next years 1st but I don't see that being a strong possibilty.

I'm kinda concerned that teams will use this as an apportunity to present us with more low-ball offers (ala, Kansas City) because of the stupid panicky mistakes that Wanny and Spielman made for the 5 years they ran the show. It's true that Saban is the head man now (and is showing considerably more restraint) but teams may want to go ahead and try this because (1) they may want to test Sabans resolve and (2) they know that Spielman and some of the old front office people are still here. They may think that with them still here that they'll be more than likely to quake and start an internal pleading contest to take a bad offer just because they are desperate for a spot or player. This is pure speculation but I think that this could be possible. Hence, we probably wont get serious offers until they've tested Saban.

Disgustipate said:
We are accepting rumors from a website who dont seem to be able to make a professional looking website? What the hell is with those banners every page?

It's a read... that's all... and in regards to the "look and feel" of the site it matters not... IMO they have been very consistant and presented sound reasoning supported by published facts in many cases... maybe not this case but the GBN is a respected site....

Disgustipate said:

Beleive me NFL Draftcountdown is a respectable source, they have been in the draft bussines for 5 years, and the banners are actually for Gov. sites, he isnt even paid for those banners.

I'd be very happy moving down only three spots, and adding some more picks in the process. Tampa is our best option because they hold the #5 pick, we actually lose nothing, while gaining everything we wanted to accomplish....

Ps. Love The New Look!!!

PHINZ RULE!!!

As much as I love the talent sitting at #2.... please, oh please let us trade down!

Back
Top Bottom