Dolphins need to keep getting ricky his touches | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins need to keep getting ricky his touches

BGtoKNfor6

Where is the reset button?
Reaction score
I know a few years ago, both Ricky and Ronnie were talking about doing something special....being one of the few tandems to rush for 1000 yards in a season.

This year is the year, IMO, they can do it. Ronnie is almost guaranteed 1000 yards if him and the o-line keep up what they are doing and ricky is on pace for a tad over 1000 yards as well.

Also ricky would make history by being the first back to rush for 1000 yards after a six year hiatus from reaching that milestone. Pretty cool and ricky deserves that after all he put himself through and the team. This also keeps ronnie's younger legs fresh if Ricky can get 10-15 carries a game.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/4706/lookie-here-williams-on-pace-for-1000-yards

One thing for certain, IF henne can continue up his play AND the defense comes together, we have the makings of something special. I have tasted the Kool-aid and it is sweet but I am not drinking another glass until more is proven to me. If we take out the saints, jets and pats in the next few weeks, I may just drink the entire damn pitcher and ask fore more!

All I know is that Ricky found the fountain of youth.
He looked exceptional on Monday. What a great 1-2 punch we have here.

no way

If we use him too much, we will injure ricky williams. he is not 22.

just because he is playing great now is no reason to make things worse and take a gamble and play him like if he was 22 years old.

we have to protect him and keep him fresh or he is 1 season ending injury away from retirement.

no way

just because he is playing great now is no reason to make things worse and take a gamble and play him like if he was 22 years old.

we have to protect him and keep him fresh or he is 1 season ending injury away from retirement.

He's not 22 but he has only carried the ball 395 times since 2004. In comparison, Michael Turner carried the ball 375 times last year. Plus Ricky did all his crazy mountain yoga pot smoking rejuvenation stuff so he's a lot younger than his age indicates. He can take the workload

no way

You could say the same for brown. He is what 27 years old and not 22-23. Giving ricky 15 carries a game is not asking too much. The guy had 2 years off so no wear and tear there and he didn't get 200 carries last year IIRC.

Runningback by committee is here to stay. Also IMO, ricky is a better pure runner than ronnie. Ricky finds and hits the holes like a traditional back does. Not taking anything away from ronnie but I wish ronnie had ricky's field vision.

You could say the same for brown. He is what 27 years old and not 22-23. Giving ricky 15 carries a game is not asking too much. The guy had 2 years off so no wear and tear there and he didn't get 200 carries last year IIRC.

Runningback by committee is here to stay. Also IMO, ricky is a better pure runner than ronnie. Ricky finds and hits the holes like a traditional back does. Not taking anything away from ronnie but I wish ronnie had ricky's field vision.

You know, the body does still break down from aging. Its not like he didnt age from not playing for 3 years. Im not saynig he is old and decrepid.. 10 - 15 touches a game is the max he should get

All I know is that Ricky found the fountain of youth.
He looked exceptional on Monday. What a great 1-2 punch we have here.

Ricky looked good when he was running and pretty old after the play was over. I've never seen Ricky get up so slowly after his hits. We definitely need to keep giving Ricky his share, but he definitely needs to stay the 2nd part of the bunch because he is gonna wear out a lot faster than Ronnie.

You know, the body does still break down from aging. Its not like he didnt age from not playing for 3 years. Im not saynig he is old and decrepid.. 10 - 15 touches a game is the max he should get

Which is all I was saying....

Ricky looked good when he was running and pretty old after the play was over. I've never seen Ricky get up so slowly after his hits. We definitely need to keep giving Ricky his share, but he definitely needs to stay the 2nd part of the bunch because he is gonna wear out a lot faster than Ronnie.

Agreed!

Back
Top Bottom