Dolphins needs in 2003 and how they were addressed | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins needs in 2003 and how they were addressed

CanadianFish

Starter
Club Member
Reaction score
At the end of last season Wanny said the Dolphins needs were
1) Left Tackle
2) Backup Q B
3) O-Line
4) Intensity on D

Did they address these points??? Here is my perspective on this off season.

I Think we did a good job upgrading the Defense even tho I doubted that was possible. This could be one of the best D's ever if all the ingredients work together. Grade A Wow

Wide receivers: I think the addition of Derrius Thompson was a step in the right direction but lets be honest we have no WR who can be considered a real threat at this time. Teams do little to no extra planning to cover our wide outs. Chambers could be and Thompson has potential but at this point neither has shown their dominience in the NFL on a consistent bases. Mcknight I personally dislike (He has everything he just can't bring it all together). Then there's Toverl & Simmonsbut I am sceptical in my opinion It's great to see them doing so well now but in reality they haven't proved anything they did well in TC and Lets see what they can do when they have to deal with any ligit NFL game time competition. Its going to take more real game time competition to judge there true worth. These guys have potentiol but lets see how it plays out to be in a real position to judge. Grade: C We needed a jolt of new a threat and they gave us futures.

Offensive line: Is another area that needed upgrading, basically in the pass protection area. I don't see much of a difference from last year. We added some potentially very good rookies but for this season I wonder how that will work itself out. We could be alright not great but alright if we stay healthy which I think is a totally unrealistic thought. Hell Dixon usually can't even make it thru the off season without missing half of it. This gives me great concern. Hopefully by the start of the season we will pick up one or two dependable backups or luck out some way and pick up a ligit LT, so Dixon if healthy can move to guard and strenghten all positions on the Off. line. Grade D: Good draft alot of potential for next season but we needed the players this year... WE NEED A LT!

QB: Ray Lucas cost us at least 2 games by himself I think that if Griese can stay off the bottle and triping on dogs he can make sure we don't have a repeat of last season if Fiedler goes down. Grade A

Year after year I tell myself this is the season and year after year we fall short I think either I'm a glutony for punishment or a fan blinded by the love he has for his team. I think this could be our year but I'm starting to doubt already, I wish they go out and prove me wrong.

Yes, we revamped our WR corps I think, and I can't wait to see what they will do, I think we did pretty good this offseason, the intensity level on defense better and should go up with seau and knight here.

I think we will be fine. Then again, I have had dreams of the Lombardi Trophy in my head since 1983 when I was an 8 year old kid :)

Back
Top Bottom